$30.00
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
So two swing states are in the direct path of Hurricane Matthew, Florida and North Carolina. What happens if either of both of them get hit by the hurricane?

I think it would benefit Hillary the most, assuming the government manages to mount a reasonably good response to the disaster. Disasters tend to benefit the party currently in power, assuming the response is effective, which it would be in this case due to the upcoming election. How fast can Obama declare a disaster and how quickly will congress pass an emergency funding bill?

Also it would tie up the news cycle for a week or two, preventing Trump from making any recovery after his terrible debate performance. Again benefitting Hillary.

Disasters do have an effect on politics regardless of how distasteful it may be to some people to talk about it. That is what RSP is for right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely a lot depends on how they react, and the impact on the debates.

So Mr Trump and Mrs Clinton how would you react?

Good answer

"I would send assistance immediately,"

Bad Answer

"Erm, well you see, if I am president and stuff things like this might not, but could, maybe not happen sort off".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
It pretty much depends on who the media wishes it to benefit. And the media wants Hillary.

So . . . easy question, easy answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on which Play-Doh sets Trump hands out to the victims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:

It was stupid of the left to criticize that. Have these people never worked in assistance to families with children who have just lost EVERYTHING?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

It was stupid of the left to criticize that. Have these people never worked in assistance to families with children who have just lost EVERYTHING?

Can someone explain what this is about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, is your side getting desperate? I thought Clinton was a shoe-in and Trump was the end of the Republican party forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
Geez guys;

Haiti is in ruins. Can we ease up on the partisan bs for five minutes?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Wow, is your side getting desperate? I thought Clinton was a shoe-in and Trump was the end of the Republican party forever.
Try reading more then one post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Geez guys;

Darilian

If the Clinton Foundation hadn't screwed up Haiti so badly, they would have been fine.

But Bush!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the partizan bollocks will continue.

Until of course I no longer post, the RSP will be all loves and sweetness and understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Geez guys;

Darilian

Is it partisan to wonder which political party will benefit the most from Haiti being in ruins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
It is a bit gruesome.

We're going to ignore Haiti's suffering anyway: thats what we do, as Americans. Send them a check and John Travolta, then turn a blind eye to the cholera.

But lets try and not be quite so crass about it. Plenty of other, more important issues to slag either the Donald or Hilary with.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Geez guys;

Darilian

Is it partisan to wonder which political party fake charity operating as a slush fund will benefit the most from Haiti being in ruins?
'

FTFY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
It is a bit gruesome.

We're going to ignore Haiti's suffering anyway: thats what we do, as Americans. Send them a check and John Travolta, then turn a blind eye to the cholera.

But lets try and not be quite so crass about it. Plenty of other, more important issues to slag either the Donald or Hilary with.

Darilian

What is important, morally or whatever, doesn't matter. What maters, in the context of this discussion, is what has a statistical effect on the outcome of the election. You don't think a hurricane hitting Florida and/or North Carolina with just a handful of weeks left in this election cycle will have any impact on the outcome in those states?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
sfox wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Geez guys;

Darilian

Is it partisan to wonder which political party fake charity operating as a slush fund will benefit the most from Haiti being in ruins?
'

FTFY.

No, the Trump Foundation has had nothing to do with Haiti.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
No, the Trump Foundation has had nothing to do with Haiti.

I wonder if the Trump Foundation will start taking money to help the victims of hurricane matthew? I guess it won't since new york has sent a cease and desist order to it since it was operating illegally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.