Evolution: The Beginning» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you determine the order in which your species attack/eat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Winter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
If you have two species, one that eats from the watering hole and another that's a carnivore, can you decide which one eats first?

Say your carnivore has no legal targets except for your own herbivore. Could you choose to have your herbivore eat from the watering hole first and then make your carnivore attack your own herbivore, just so the food in the watering hole is diminished that little bit more before the next player's turn?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
yes to both questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! That's the way to do it! You gain those points and prevent the competition from gaining that many more! Just remember though: a hungry species MUST eat if it can, even if that is detrimental to your plan. That's not necessarily a factor in this scenario presented, but it could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Winter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
If that's an acceptable play, let me further complicate it.. lol

Species A: No traits, 2 population.
Species B: Carnivore, 2 population.

A eats 2 food from the watering hole. It is now full.

B can only attack A, so it does, once. It gains 2 food and is now full.

What happens to the food that A had when it died due to the attack? Is it similar to my other forum post regarding scavengers dying with food on them and the owner of the species gets the food?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mythicsmt wrote:
If that's an acceptable play, let me further complicate it.. lol

Species A: No traits, 2 population.
Species B: Carnivore, 2 population.

A eats 2 food from the watering hole. It is now full.

B can only attack A, so it does, once. It gains 2 food and is now full.

What happens to the food that A had when it died due to the attack? Is it similar to my other forum post regarding scavengers dying with food on them and the owner of the species gets the food?
It goes into the species owner's food bag. I don't have the rules handy, but I believe that is stated pretty explicitly in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Winter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
It goes into the species owner's food bag. I don't have the rules handy, but I believe that is stated pretty explicitly in the rules.

I only have Evolution: The Beginning presently and I'm pretty sure it's not in the rules, but I could certainly be wrong.

Thanks for the clarification though, whether I just ignored the rules or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
When it is your turn to feed, you choose ONE species and feed it. After you have feed that one species (perhaps a Carnivore), then the next player chooses ONE species to feed. You go around the table until every species is fed, or until no other species are able to feed.

--- NOTE ---
This response answers how feeding works in Evolution, but not how feeding works in Evolution: The Beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
mythicsmt wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:

I only have Evolution: The Beginning presently and I'm pretty sure it's not in the rules, but I could certainly be wrong.

Ohhhh! You're posting in the wrong forum!!! This question should be posted in the forum of the game for which you're asking the question.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Winter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
domcrap wrote:
mythicsmt wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:

Ohhhh! You're posting in the wrong forum!!! This question should be posted in the forum of the game for which you're asking the question.

laugh

Sigh, I didn't realize TB had it's own.. I thought this area was for all Evolution related games/expansions, my bad.

Sorry! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, they're over here:
/boardgame/201248/evolution-beginning/forums/0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcomeblanktim

Moved from Evolution to Evolution: The Beginning.

This way you'll get better responses (though the ones here are great) and more importantly other users will be able to find this thread in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is explicitly in my copy of the rules that when a species is attacked, any food it is already eaten goes into the bag of the attacked player. Sorry I don't have my rulebook handy to give a page number, but I am certain that is in there; I had the same question.

Edit: page 8, first paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.