Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pretty dedicated group of 5. has any one modified this to play with 5? perhaps giving the 5th player Friday and the Dog to use? just a quick thought. or would it make things too easy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never tried, but I think playing with 5 would be more appropriate with the Beagle expansion, as 1 player could play Darwin

Your idea could work, but it will be an easier variant as Friday and Dog are not part of the game with 4 player in the normal difficulty
But if you prefer winning and the game already beat the hell out of you, you could go for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 5 player with the Darwin expansion.

Darwin got the Horse, which essentially gave him his second player token.

Worked out well, and would do it again...though we discovered that due to some of the Event cards...Darwin is a jerk that likes to lounge on the beach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried it with some of the fan made characters available in the files section. It works fine, but the game does get easier with more players. There does start to be some tension on where all the food will come from and which actions will be available, but we were frequently guaranteeing actions that we would have simply rolled for with fewer players.

In brief, it is doable, but not as good as with the recommended player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just be two people controlling one of the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
I have NOT tested this, so I don't know, how it would work. What I would try out, if I were in your situation would be:

1) Use Sailor (promo expansion) or Missionary (from Beagles expansion) to have a fifth character available.
2) Increase the building costs for shelter to 5 wood/ 4 hides.
3) Obviously apply the "4 player card" to the "tidy camp" action.
4) Probably apply some other rules to increase slightly the difficulty to make up for your additional character, which comes with two bonus actions and additional hit points. A promo expansion like the Secret Trait Cards might do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.