6 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Variants

Subject: Using Trogs in 2p games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Simply out of sheer variety, we thought of making a

"Cry havoc - The aftermath" variant...that would take place after the events that the game describes, meaning that the trogs would have been pushed away and another race holds the crystal resources for now.

All that in order to allow us to play with trogs in 2p games.

The idea is simple and wasn't tested at all for balance but simply replace the race holding the planet with another one that isn't playing. The counters for Trog Nests and War Parties that belong to that race simply spawn their units and crystals.

Trog player can use their skills and abilities and, obviously, have a larger reserve than others, but weaker buildings.

3p games would be trickier since it would require more house rules to test it out, and probably make use of each races building rules to compensate for a lower reserve number (like self activating bunkers, watch towers and power orbs)

Food for thought anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually something I've been thinking about and plan to do some development against when I find the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea for an expansion...maybe a couple new unit types for the existing factions vs. a couple new factions plus a new map set allowing Trogs to be played in 2p/3p. It seems like a new map might be the easiest way to allow for 2p/3p Trog games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oak Wolf,

And the actual First Expansion is indeed called "Aftermath." With telepathy like that, you must be...a Pilgrim!

I'm a big Trog supporter. Just did my first 4 Player solitaire and went nuts with them. They were leading the whole game, when those darn Humans came from behind on the very last turn to win. My first face to face 4 Player should be happening this evening, and I've called Trogs, of course!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Oak Wolf,

And the actual First Expansion is indeed called "Aftermath." With telepathy like that, you must be...a Pilgrim!

I'm a big Trog supporter. Just did my first 4 Player solitaire and went nuts with them. They were leading the whole game, when those darn Humans came from behind on the very last turn to win. My first face to face 4 Player should be happening this evening, and I've called Trogs, of course!

We didn't get the name from here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Darn that's too bad, i'd have been proud to contribute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.