Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/27/a1...

Only two pages, but it does answer a few of the common questions recently. Highlights:
* Being Insane doesn't let you win when eliminated unless it explicitly says you win if you're eliminated.
* "Decide as a group" means unanimous decision.
* A Light Source or Fire does protect you from "In Darkness" effects.
* Fire can't spread through walls.
* Duke doesn't cost an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I updated the unofficial FAQ thread to point people towards the official one first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you take a screen shot?..my ipad cant open the pages...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Page 2 of the FAQ

FAQ
This section answers frequently asked questions about Mansions of Madness Second Edition.
Q. “Do investigators decide the complete turn order before any investigator takes a turn?”
A. No. Investigators are not required to decide on a complete turn order. Which investigator takes the next turn can be decided at that time.
Q. “Can an investigator interrupt a move action to take another action?”
A. Yes. For example, an investigator can move one space, perform a another action, such as a Search action or Explore action, then move a second space.
Q. “If an effect could affect two or more investigators, what happens?”
A. The investigators as a group decide which investigator is affected. If the investigators cannot reach a unanimous decision, an investigator is chosen at random who will make the decision.
Q. “Can investigators cooperate when attempting a puzzle?”
A. Yes. Investigators are allowed to discuss puzzles and other challenges and offer advice.
Q. “If an investigator who has a Light Source is in a space containing a Darkness token, is that investigator in Darkness?”
A. No. Investigators ignore Darkness in a space containing a Light
Source or Fire or a space adjacent to a space containing a Light Source or Fire.
Q. “What happens if a game effect would affect an eliminated investigator?”
A. Resolve as much of the effect as possible. An eliminated investigator is unaffected unless the effect specifically allows it.
Q. “If multiple investigators would resolve a horror check against the same monster, should they each resolve a different horror check?”
A. No, if multiple investigators would resolve a horror check against the same monster, those investigators all resolve the same horror check. Each investigator resolves the effects of that horror check independently.
Q. “Can Fire spread through walls?”
A. No, Fire cannot spread through walls. Effects that affect adjacent spaces cannot affect spaces through walls unless an effect specifically allows it.
Q. “Does using Duke at the start of the turn take one of an investigator’s two actions?”
A. No. Using Duke does not take one of an investigator’s two actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks..my ipad works really hard and then the screen goes black...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the only thing we were doing "wrong" was that we were resolving different horror checks for each investigator against a given monster instead of all rolling against the same one.

We may keep doing it our way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WarpedLord wrote:

I started out playing that way too, although I noticed that this particular one was clear in the original rules:

RRG - Monster Step wrote:
• If multiple investigators would resolve a horror check against
the same monster, those investigators all resolve the same
horror check.

However, I don't see it being a problem to resolve different tests if you enjoy it more that way. Just understand it's definitely a house rule and you should probably mention that's the case if you're teaching the game to someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
However, I don't see it being a problem to resolve different tests if you enjoy it more that way. Just understand it's definitely a house rule and you should probably mention that's the case if you're teaching the game to someone else.

Always a good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WarpedLord wrote:
Looks like the only thing we were doing "wrong" was that we were resolving different horror checks for each investigator against a given monster instead of all rolling against the same one.

The main benefit of only doing 1 horror check for everybody is speed of play. But if your group doesn't mind the extra time it takes, I say go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started out doing that with my group. The only reason I'm against it is because the fluff descriptions start repeating very quickly if everyone makes their own check, so I started doing it as per the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doma0997 wrote:
I started out doing that with my group. The only reason I'm against it is because the fluff descriptions start repeating very quickly if everyone makes their own check, so I started doing it as per the rules.

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Magro
msg tools
Does the app/program require my device to be online?
I really hopes the prgoram is only local on my device.

Thsi game is perfect for my summer house where internet connection is totally unrelaibale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PMMagro wrote:
Does the app/program require my device to be online?
I really hopes the prgoram is only local on my device.

Thsi game is perfect for my summer house where internet connection is totally unrelaibale...

No internet required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, but 26MB for a two page file?! Looks like someone posted a high res version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s k
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
Page 2 of the FAQ

A. Yes. Investigators are allowed to discuss puzzles and other challenges and offer advice.

This only makes sense to me if the investigators are in the same space or at least tile (in an RPG kind of way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh1 wrote:
xris wrote:
Page 2 of the FAQ

This only makes sense to me if the investigators are in the same space or at least tile (in an RPG kind of way)

Ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
Flaviorbs wrote:
Ugh1 wrote:
xris wrote:
Page 2 of the FAQ

Ok.

"Feels like good RP," isn't rules, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WarpedLord wrote:

You're going to slow the game down substantially AND see a lot of repeat horror checks much more frequently. Not recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.