Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi-Go Brain Case: Action: You and another investigator may trade possessions. In addition, he may move to your space; if he does, move to his previous space.

Alter Fate: You may trade Conditions, Focus, Improvement tokens, and Impairment tokens as part of a Trade action.

I wonder, if you could trade Foci etc. remotely, if you have both the Mi-Go Brain Case and the Spell Alter Fate?

Assumption: No. Reason 1: Alter Fate explicitly speaks about the Trade action. Usage of the Brain Case is no Trade action. Reason 2: Mi-Go Brain Case explicitly speaks about "trade possessions" (note the lower case of "trade" here), not about a Trade action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vetter
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mb
I would agree with you assumption: Alter Fate should only work if you actually perform a normal trade action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vetter
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder how that is supposed to work thematically? It cannot really be a "brain switch", since you would not be able to freely trade possessions.

Maybe you can summon some Mi-Go servants that transport some of your items and your brain to somebody else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Mi-Go Brain case and some other cards allow you to trade some of your possessions, none of these effects is a Trade Action.
The same way there is a whole lot of effects that allow investigator to move, but only one of those effects is a Travel Action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
VeaaC wrote:
I wonder how that is supposed to work thematically? It cannot really be a "brain switch", since you would not be able to freely trade possessions.

Maybe you can summon some Mi-Go servants that transport some of your items and your brain to somebody else

You switch the items' brains, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VeaaC wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on thematically either. If it were always a switch of all possessions and board position, then that feels kind of like a brain swap. But it sounds like you could use the brain case to do as little as give someone else one Clue and that's it. How does a "brain case" help with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I agree. Brain Case is a component action, Alter Fate is a modification to the trade action. Two different abilities for two separate actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.