Alex Goldsmith
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy BGG!

We hear about actors and actresses who are board gamers and the occasional athlete.

But what about Congress? Does anyone know if any U.S. reps or senators are board game enthusiasts?

Just curious...

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Bolger
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JFK was into Diplomacy.

Supposedly, so was Henry Kissinger.

Not sure about modern folks, but I reckon there's got to be a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMK
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
May neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, and heaven accept you.
badge
May your troubles be less, and your blessing be more. And nothing but happiness, come through your door.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a lot of U.S. reps like betrayal at house on the hill.

Not sure if they like the board game though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Anthony Weiner played Snapshots Across America a few times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of their way specifically to keep such things quiet since nearly anything and everything could be used against them as political ammo these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this count?

Trump: The Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Anatoly Karpov (World Chess Champion from 1975-1985) is a member of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation, which is a rubber stamp for Vladimir Putin governmental oversight committee formed from representatives of important groups and public bodies. It's political, alright...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Derwood
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know his name, but the US Rep who starred on "The Love Boat" had a huge game collection I failed (rats!) to buy at an estate sale.

Here he is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Grandy
I remember he had the $2000 version of the War of the Ring, among many other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
Don't know his name, but the US Rep who starred on "The Love Boat" had a huge game collection I failed (rats!) to buy at an estate sale.

Wasn't his character's name "Gopher"?

On my earlier point, I do sort of vaguely recall five or ten years back something online about a US senator or representative who was a devoted online gamer for shooters and other action oriented games whose political opponent was using it as an excuse to suggest they were some kind of warmonger. Laughable, I know (and I believe that was the reaction from the general public too) but, still, a little irritating as well.

Does that story sound familiar to anyone else? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.