Popular Tags: [View All]
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are any of the newest teams actually new cards or are they just reskins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are 8 new teams divided into two groups. There are only 4 new V numbers, which means 4 new unique teams.

Let me unpack that.

Each starter team has three pieces of information:
- Team Name, which is unique
- Team Number, which is unique
- Team V number, which is shared with one other team

The reason for the V numbers is so you can have two people play against each other, with different teams, but with identical cards (i.e., same naturals, robots, and cyborgs to begin).

The previously released starter teams, including those that came in the box, are numbered from 1 through 16. However, those are not 16 unique teams. Teams 1 through 8 are the same as teams 9 through 16. That is, teams 1 through 8 have V numbers V1 through V8, and teams V9 through 16 also have V numbers V1 through V8.

THIS GETS CONFUSING. It's a lot easier to make sense of this if you just ignore the team numbers. Just think about team names and the V numbers.

Each V number applies to two different teams. If you get one of every V numbered team you will have 12 different teams. If you get both teams for a V number then you have a re-skinned duplicate.

V1 - San Francisco and Atlanta
V2 - Los Angeles and Baltimore
V3 - Boston and Cincinnati
V4 - New York and Detroit
V5 - Chicago and Kansas City
V6 - St. Louis and Philadelphia
V7 - Florida and Pittsburgh
V8 - Milwaukee and Texas

For the new sets it works like this: eight teams, but 4 new V numbers.

V9 - Canada and Washington
V10 - United Kingdom and Cleveland
V11 - Caribbean Basin and Minnesota
V12 - Pan Asia and Seattle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This full starter team cheat sheet that I made should show you the info you need. If you want to have a perfectly balanced start of a game, then use both teams on the same V number. Otherwise, choose whichever looks cool to you.
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/133664/all-starter-teams-c...

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know why the pairings were chosen as they were?

For instance, no matter what version of the game you buy, you get two natural rivalries. Boston and New York and LA and San Francisco. I am a Cubs fan and the guy I play this with the most is a Cardinals fan, so I bought Chicago (V5) and St. Louis (V6) to play with him. While I am interested in getting one of each of the 12 unique teams, I have no interest in buying a reskinned team, so I would never buy Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati or Detroit, but I realize why fans of those teams would want to buy them.

However, why didn't they make V7 Pittsburgh and V8 Philadelphia? That way you could set up another rivalry matchup? I know this is nit-picking, but some of the teams don't make sense. For instance, there are free agent cards in the various expansions that represent teams like Oakland and Colorado, but those teams aren't represented as stand alone teams, so their inclusion in the FA deck seems rather odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe their teams were dissolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually found the easiest way to keep them straight is to go to CoolStuff.com and search for Baseball Highlights 2045. Each starter team has the version in parentheses. I plan to buy one of each, but there is some value in having duplicates in case two players really like the same starting veterans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Mike and Imhave done our best to mix things up and provide content for everyone to enjoy.

We have more coming so stay tuned!

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll knuckleball that Wiffle joker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.