7 Posts

Covert» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving multiple spaces - Intel cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pendarric X
msg tools
mbmb
If I retrieve 2 die for movement and move through a city with intel cubes stopping at a second location, do you collect the intel cubes for the city you passed through?
Depends on the definition of moving 'into' a city. I move into and out of a city to move through it, but do I stop long enough to pick up intel on the way to my destination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! Collect cubes from any city you pass through or end in, just not the city you started in (in the case of someone depositing their cube there after you were already in the city).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pendarric X
msg tools
mbmb
OK cool thank you, I could have gone either way with the wording, but I guess if you drop intel cubes on the way through, why not pick them up as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipbubs wrote:
Absolutely! Collect cubes from any city you pass through or end in, just not the city you started in (in the case of someone depositing their cube there after you were already in the city).

Let's say I move 2 spots - first to an orange city then to a green city - and pick up intel cubes in each. But the first city I pass through completes a pair (then I continue on to the green city).

Do I get the intel card for the green or orange region? We played it as you get the orange intel card because the cube that completed the pair came from this region - even if we didn't actually stop there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pendarric X
msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

We played it that you pick the cubes up as you move so the region you end in is the one you can play the cubes. i.e. Don't interrupt the movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magictom1 wrote:
dipbubs wrote:

Let's say I move 2 spots - first to an orange city then to a green city - and pick up intel cubes in each. But the first city I pass through completes a pair (then I continue on to the green city).

Do I get the intel card for the green or orange region? We played it as you get the orange intel card because the cube that completed the pair came from this region - even if we didn't actually stop there...

I would agree with you. You got your 2nd cube of a specific color in orange so you would immediately take the orange card or draw from the draw deck, then continue your move to the green city.

I'm basing my answer on Rulebook pg 8: If a player collects their second intel cube of the same color, they immediately return those two cubes to the appropriate player and take the agency card from the region space matching the city where they are or draw one random agency card from the draw deck)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magictom1 wrote:
dipbubs wrote:

You played right! As soon as you complete the pair, take the applicable card for the region where you picked up (or a face down).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.