Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm in the habit (developed playing Dungeon Solitaire: Tomb of the Four Kings) of making all discards into the turn piles instead of creating a separate discard pile, I hit on this nasty revision of the effect of the Tower Trump (XIV) "Shifting Terrain":

The turn with the Tower in it becomes the turn-around point. I.e. if you are still in the Delve, you must treat this turn as the turn-around point. (A collapse below you has completely blocked your descent.) But if you are already on the Return, move those lower turns up into the Delve, so that this turn becomes the turn-around point of a lengthened Delve. (A collapse above you has forced you to find another way out.) In the first case (collapse below you), one companion dies. In the second (collapse above you) one companion is wounded. If the Blessing of the High Goddess is played in this turn, it neutralizes all effects of Shifting Terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I now see that this won't work with any of the Advanced variants, such as Dragon's Lair, Undead Hordes, and Mega-Dungeon. In the first two cases at least, I think I'll make up for my lack of a discard pile (maybe not possible at all in Mega-Dungeon) by imposing the following additional penalty:

If the Tower is the first card played on a turn, take 2 damage. If it appears later in a turn, shuffle your hand, and randomly discard (into the turn) any one treasure, magic item, or skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After 15 plays, I gave up on this variant. It's too brutal. I've just had to learn to discard properly. Only Doors (Wands) and Mazes (Trumps II-IX) contribute to the discard pile, if I have it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.