Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jenn
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Court the King is a game I play a lot, both 2 player and 3+ players. It’s more fun with more than two players, but with so many games on BSW sometimes it doesn’t work that way. Two players is still a lot of fun, and the game is set up so it’s not unbalanced with such a game.

I had joined someone else and we played a two player. I started out with a pair and grabbed the farmer, giving me an extra die at the beginning of my roll. My opponent didn’t get a pair, but got enough to grab the craftsman. On my next roll, I got three of a kind and snagged a guard, giving me another die. To speed this up a bit, I next grabbed the astronomer and craftsman. My next turn gave me good enough die to snag the bishop, the very coveted extra six.

I next got the pawnbroker, but my opponent snagged the field marshal, a card I believe gives you a huge advantage. But it’s not always enough; I next took the magician and, with eight 6’s, snagged the king and queen. The game was won from there, as my opponent never got better than that roll.

The field marshal is a big advantage, but with all extra die cards and not many manipulate cards, the extra die are still left to the luck of the roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way to do it, if someone gets the General (Field Marshall), then you need to get the King as quickly as possible and hope for the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.