The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

No Retreat 3: The French and Polish Fronts» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitaire Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Solitaire suitability was rated as "low" on the GMT pre-order page.

Will there be a solitaire set of rules like for No retreat?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SquadGamer wrote:

Solitaire suitability was rated as "low" on the GMT pre-order page.

Will there be a solitaire set of rules like for No retreat?


Funny you should ask, I was reflecting on this a few hours ago!

I would not rate the game solitaire suitability as "Low", it's more "Medium", but, true, there are the Event Cards to contend with.

So, yes, eventually I think that, perhaps, I'll make a semi-solitaire kit to help with the Card Play in both games, like I did for the first No Retreat! The Russian Front. Still, I have the feeling that that first Solitaire module was not used very much, not many people asked questions or made comments about it. So is it worth all the trouble for me to make one? whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SquadGamer wrote:
Still, I have the feeling that that first Solitaire module was not used very much, not many people asked questions or made comments about it. So is it worth all the trouble for me to make one? whistle

Well for me it works as a selling point. I'm now on the verge of getting No Retreat! The Russian Front because there's such a kit.
And becasue I'm looking for a game on on the Phony War, my attention is now also focused in this one.
Please add a solitaire kit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VPaulus wrote:

Please add a solitaire kit.


Sorry not for this game. I find that it is extremely difficult, almost impossible in fact, to do such a solitaire system for a regular hex-based game. usually the game becomes lame, of you need to have a very very specific situation that can be done solitaire easy where the defender did not do much (ex: D-Day omaha beach). soblue



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let me just clarify, that I was referring to a similar kit like you have done for The Eastern Front.
I don't expect a full AI system like those we find on the John Butterfield's games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VPaulus wrote:
Let me just clarify, that I was referring to a similar kit like you have done for The Eastern Front.
I don't expect a full AI system like those we find on the John Butterfield's games.


OH I see! Yes this kight be done eventually in a C3i magazine and/or free to download. But I don't have enough components to make it available in the game.

The Polish and French games would be relatively easy to do using that system.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks.
Then I won't have any excuses for not buying the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
msg tools
I have NR1 and NA2. And I really like the solitaire module for NR1. I understand it may have been difficult for NR2, I wish it had one. I only play solitaire and that system makes NR1 a better experience for me. So count me as one who thinks developing the solitaire system was worth it. And even though theres no solitaire system for North Africa or Italy, I was heavily influenced to buy them by the excellence of the Russian Front experience.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jchron wrote:
I have NR1 and NA2. And I really like the solitaire module for NR1. I understand it may have been difficult for NR2, I wish it had one. I only play solitaire and that system makes NR1 a better experience for me. So count me as one who thinks developing the solitaire system was worth it. And even though theres no solitaire system for North Africa or Italy, I was heavily influenced to buy them by the excellence of the Russian Front experience.


Thanks for your input, Jeff. If enough people clamor for some extra solitaire modules, the. I might be better enclined to spare some of my hobby time to make more of the same. meeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.