Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card say that you gain one plant for each City tile in play. The City tile has a red border so if I'm correct this affects any player. An example on P.9 says that all red bordered resources must be taken from the same player. Am I then correct in assuming that I have to choose one player and get 1 Plant for every City tile that that player has in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card will give you rewards for each city in play - i.e. all cities in play, regardless of whose they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShaneXtopher wrote:
This card will give you rewards for each city in play - i.e. all cities in play, regardless of whose they are.

Ok, but with regards to the example on p.9 where a player plays a card with 3 plant resources in red the rules specifically say that you must choose only one other player.
Is it any reason why this isn't the case with this card?
Is it mentioned somewhere in the rules maybe that I have missed.

Must add that I haven't played the game yet but trying to learn before I get going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, red border means "any, not just your own". The effect of the card is also stated in text on the card, saying for each city tile in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the card text tell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a special rule concerning cards that affect other players' resources. Such cards can only target one player, yet still any player, not just yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Really looking forward to playing the game. Looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
Bottom right of p. 15 of the rules it explains the red-bordered icons and how it differs depending on what it deals with. They deal with resources, production, tiles, and cards all slightly differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.