United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have read the expansions rules through (there's not much).

Is there any official rule on how to use both expansions? I know the quantity is 4 more buildings per expansion. So there would be a total of 12 buildings available every game (2 base, 4 More, 4 Even More).

The rules for Even More state that you add 4 more buildings to the setup for a total of 8 additional.

I read one review that said you're supposed to use 4 random buildings from each expansion. Giving you 4 random from More and 4 random from even more. However, I don't see it in the rule book that they should be used that way. Maybe I missed it?

My question then is, do you throw both expansions in a bag and draw 8 random ones out possibly giving an uneven number of buildings from one expansion vs. the other? Or do you literally draw 4 random from each?

I know at the end of the day you just do whatever the heck you want. But I was curious if Uwe had a specific way these tiles should be allocated. Only because, unless a game is really wonky, I like to play the way the designer had intended. Especially a designer like Uwe Rosenberg.

Lastly, it seems like a good idea regardless to use 4 from each as the general consensus is that the first expansion just builds on the perfect balance the game's original 4 starting tiles provide. Whereas the second expansion seems to make things a bit more competitive as some tiles are worth conceding some openings gains to rush to get them early as they can be slightly OP by design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I draw 4 random buildings from both individual expansions, not 8 from them mixed together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GamerM
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I draw 4 random buildings from both individual expansions, not 8 from them mixed together.

This is what I do as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks fellahs. Super fast replies were much appreciated as we're going to get this to the table in about an hour. Two Fonzie thumbs back atchya.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with both of the previous posters. That's how I normally play.

To mix it up I've thrown all the buildings in a bag (base 4 + both expansions) and drawn 12 randomly and it worked out with no problems. But I would only recommend it with people who have played a bunch and want a twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
We draw 4 random expansion tiles total. Along with the 4 tiles from the original, that makes 8 available tiles per game for us. We figure that with 12, there will be a lot less competition for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We pull 4 from each of the expansions. We also put those buildings to side after the game so we can cycle through all the other buildings in future games before mixing them together again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Huh, I could have sworn the instructions in "Even more..." actually did specify drawing four from each expansion if playing with both (8 expansion buildings total, 4 from each set). Anyway, that's how I understood it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say:
Quote:
* Play with 4 random special buildings from this expansion and the 4 special buildings from the base game.
* If you are experienced enough with the special buildings from the first expansion, you may play with another 4 of them, for a total of 12 special buildings.

... and, considering ourselves experienced enough, we always play according to the second bullet point, i.e. 4 base game buildings, 4 random buildings from the first expansion, and 4 random buildings from the second expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.