Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
Been playing the PNP ALOT, with different groups, and it actually had me playing more Star Realms as well.

We were playing SR on the app, and noticed that it enforced the playing of "Trash from your hand or discard pile" first. While we understand that you cannot play a card and trash it as "in hand", it was my understanding that you could play your cards in any order you like.

The idea of play in any order has lead to an interesting combo scenario:
With the Necromancer out, buy a champion from trade row (it goes into your discard pile), then rez him from discard pile using Necro power right to the top of your deck. Then play a card to draw a card, and play champion same round!

Is there something in the rules that stops this scenario, or is this what the Necromancer was built for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schneu wrote:
We were playing SR on the app, and noticed that it enforced the playing of "Trash from your hand or discard pile" first. While we understand that you cannot play a card and trash it as "in hand", it was my understanding that you could play your cards in any order you like.

You're right, you can play cards in any order you like. App doesn't enforce this, it suggests it, and stops you misclicking the "play all" button and wasting your scrap. You are welcome to play non-scrap cards first manually in the app, try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schneu wrote:
Is there something in the rules that stops this scenario, or is this what the Necromancer was built for?

This is completely valid.

The hero realms rulebook states that you can activate any time during your turn any expend or ally abilities.

Even if you would have 2 necro champions in play, the ally draw ability of the necromancer wouldn't automatically activate.

This is good because as you noticed it would make much more sense to revive at first a champion and put him/her on top of your deck.

I also play the SR App like crazy and if you would have 2 bases of the same faction in play and one of those would have an ally draw ability, it would automatically activate at the start of your turn. This is not the case for HR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger the Alien wrote:
I also play the SR App like crazy and if you would have 2 bases of the same faction in play and one of those would have an ally draw ability, it would automatically activate at the start of your turn. This is not the case for HR.

It's not the case for SR either, in person. Just on the app, as a shortcut to smooth play. But it's not in the core SR rules, and shouldn't be played like that in the paper game. In person, you activate allies when/if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Roger the Alien wrote:

It's not the case for SR either, in person. Just on the app, as a shortcut to smooth play. But it's not in the core SR rules, and shouldn't be played like that in the paper game. In person, you activate allies when/if you want.

That's true but I still wanted to point it out because I thought it could be confusing for some people which only played the SR App before ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying guys, very helpful! I'm heading to a game night with HR in tow, so going to have some more fun with this and other similar strats!

I'm thinking it would work the same with the Guild abilities that allow you to put a card on top and then if you have a draw card, you can get to the table in same turn. Looking forward to abusing some non-rules for insane combos!

Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you want a better understanding of how the timing of the abilities work in a digital implementation, try Cthulhu Realms, where you manually trigger each ability instead of the app automatically doing it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree and both games are for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.