Subject: Exp points leveling up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d peruzzini
United States
cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
Sorry if this has been covered before but there are 347 rules questions to sort thru, if i level up a hero, villager etc, do i keep those exp points tokens or pay them to the bank of exp tokens? So if i have 5 exp points, a leveling up costs 4, do i still have 5 exp points or 1? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
zzini wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before but there are 347 rules questions to sort thru, if i level up a hero, villager etc, do i keep those exp points tokens or pay them to the bank of exp tokens? So if i have 5 exp points, a leveling up costs 4, do i still have 5 exp points or 1? Thanks

You would have 1 XP left.

The rules use phrases such as "spend any XP" and "pay the XP". I take that to mean you discard the XP to pay for the Level Up.

EDIT: I just noticed you said "level up a hero, villager etc". You can only level up Heroes (Note: Regulars are Heroes). You don't use XP on any other card.

EDIT: In the Worlds Collide Rules, the example on Page 14 says "She pays 2 XP to level up her Lorigg Thief, returning the spent XP to the XP pile."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d peruzzini
United States
cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks, missed that line reading the rules for the first time today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey zzini,

When you level up heroes, you spend the XP tokens. But note that when you use Familiars, you don't spend the XP tokens, must simply have the quantity indicated on the Familiar card for the benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.