$20.00
$60.00
Shawn Hendrickson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, a while ago I got a big wooden case from a friend, and I finally decided to put it to good use and make a storage solution for Legendary. Works great, fits everything I own with tons of extra space, but now I want to make it look a little nicer since the top is pretty dinged up.

The idea I had was to put a poster or a print of some kind on both sides, just something nice and Marvel themed, but I'm clueless as to what would work best and where to get it. What sort of material should I look for? What are some good places to order from? I have used a few places in the past, but it was always specifically for something that would be used for gaming (like a mat or custom cards), not something that I would want to attach to a wooden case. Also, what would be the easiest way to secure it to the case itself? Staples, glue, something else?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can provide. I know it's not really anything fancy, but I've never tried to do it before and I don't want to go out and spend money on something that I won't be able to make work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not tried it, but I suggest you look up threads on transferring inkjet prints with Mod Podge. I don't know how the dings will affect the transfer.[edited spelling of Mod Podge.]

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee's advice is really sound, but you'll have issues searching -- it's called Mod Podge I don't know much else, though, so his advice is the soundest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kosta
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for or not, but a user on the Legendary Marvel subreddit posted a pic of their box decoration. They have the Hobby Lobby box and used staples and some glue (I believe) to secure a Marvel canvas picture to the lid. The link is below. It was also cross posted to the /r/boardgames subreddit and I believe he answered some different questions there about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legendarymarvel/comments/54mn0t/cus...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the save, Andrew.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.