BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Games you'd like to see? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Sherlock Holmes: The Living Card Game. I think this could be really good... Solving mysteries, building decks to solve mysteries, etc. Yes please!

2) Some kind of Harry Potter campaign system, where you perform quests and actually grow as a wizard. I've yet to see anything HP worth a damn.

3) Despite the popularity of Lord of the Rings in the board game world, I'd really like to see the classic Lord of the Rings re-vamped into a more varied system, with more of a sense of progression and a realistic campaign system. Maybe Middle Earth Quest fills that voice, but unfortunately it's hard to get. I haven't found a LotR game that I've REALLY liked yet, except maybe LotR: The Confrontation, of which I prefer the mechanics over the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less stuff using boring IP's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
79strat wrote:

2) Some kind of Harry Potter campaign system, where you perform quests and actually grow as a wizard. I've yet to see anything HP worth a damn.

Both Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle and Hogwarts: House Cup Challenge are pretty decent.

Personally I'd love to see a Fire Emblem board game. Something cooperative with RPG and campaign elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a previous thread somebody brought up the need for a good Chronicles of Narnia themed game, which I think that would be fantastic.

Another one that will probably never happen but I would love to see would be a sleuthing game based on the outstanding but short lived TV show Granite Flats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I'd like to see more licensed games given the designer game treatment instead of the discount store cash grab treatment.

There are several popular IPs that I feel haven't been given the respect or attention they deserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An XCom type game that actually features the battlemap tactical piece.

Something contemporary with Thundarr the Barbarian.

A family-friendly haunted house game based on the classic Universal movie monsters ... and NO zombies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tariff wrote:
Less stuff using boring butchering IP's I enjoy

Fixed that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
more thematic games with a cyberpunk theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a thread like this in one of my guilds because: I WANT A SPLINTER CELL GAME! In the video game, there are missions that are 100% stealth. You could maybe have a hidden movement type element. There are other mission that are guns free. You could have some kind of dudes on a board thing? I don't know how this would work, but I want it. Somebody...take my money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voodoochyl wrote:
I posted a thread like this in one of my guilds because: I WANT A SPLINTER CELL GAME! In the video game, there are missions that are 100% stealth. You could maybe have a hidden movement type element. There are other mission that are guns free. You could have some kind of dudes on a board thing? I don't know how this would work, but I want it. Somebody...take my money!

I can see it working best as a cooperative game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Company Manager: the Card Game. Sign aspiring designers, bring exciting products to market, make sweet licensing deals, acquire your competitors, go on egotistical rants on public message boards bemoaning your fickle fans! All this and more is yours to experience in Board Game Company Manager: the Card Game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A game the combines dexterity, worker placement, dice, auctioning, deduction and problem solving.

...with a feudal Japan theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
A game the combines dexterity, worker placement, dice, auctioning, deduction and problem solving.

...with a feudal Japan theme.

pffft. There's hundreds of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a really well designed and epic game using the James Bond IP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
79strat wrote:

Both Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle and Hogwarts: House Cup Challenge are pretty decent.

Personally I'd love to see a Fire Emblem board game. Something cooperative with RPG and campaign elements.

Do you know of Fire Emblem 0 (Cipher) ? It's a CCG/TCG but hey, at least it's here

As for me, what I'd love to see already exists and is called Aeon's End, so I'm fairly happy already! I'd love for it to expand a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludvig Stigsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Babylon 5
Hungergames
Dark matter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A dungeoncrawler that doesn't make people go nostalgic for Warhammer Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigris & Euphrates with a 'Game of Thrones' theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want Alan R Moon to make a hybrid of Elfenland and Ticket To Ride using the Elfenland map but with a deck of pigs, tricycles, troll-carts, dragons, unicorns, rafts and magic clouds to claim routes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a company like Tasty Minstrel Games do a deluxe version of The Castles of Burgundy. It's a shame that such a great game looks like total crap on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously I want to see a medium to heavy, yet elegant Euro with intense choices and a Teddy Bear theme. Playing a game with little Teddy Bear meeples would be awesome. And I don't want to build a zoo for them. I want the bears to be my people/workers. Unless the Teddy Bears are building a zoo of humans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Indiana jones game
Serious harry potter game with a hogwarts board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
a heavy steampunk-themed wargame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I far prefer the creation of new and interesting IP to the rehashing of existing IP. I get that the latter results in a sizeable cash grab, but I like being exposed to new and creative more than having the same stuff tossed back at me for one more go.

Pete (is certainly in the minority here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo non-fantastic western aimed at survival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.