Hide
5 Posts

An Infamous Traffic» Forums » General

Subject: Any chance of there being solo rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dobby
msg tools
I know you mentioned someplace else that you usually don't play solo games, but any chance Ricky has gotten a copy of this and has solo rules coming? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmb
Oh my god, please, please let there be solo rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mb
From another thread:

Quote:
There is one piece of unknown information that each player has. If you can pretend like you don't know it's perfectly soloable .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:

I can't speak for Cole of course, but since it's a multiplayer game that gets some of its juice from emergent alliances and butterfly effects, I can't imagine how one would even begin to create solo rules for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
futhee wrote:

I can't speak for Cole of course, but since it's a multiplayer game that gets some of its juice from emergent alliances and butterfly effects, I can't imagine how one would even begin to create solo rules for it.

This game might be "solo'd" in the traditional sense if one player sock puppets two or more positions. The limited amount of hidden information makes this feasible. But, make no mistake, this is a multiplayer affair through and through and it would be very difficult to script an easily playable AI for it. (unlike, say, a COIN bot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.