GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: picking and mixing packs. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Gill
msg tools
is this practical ? I have the warlord cycle and the delux sets. Can i pick just some of the plantfull set or do I really need to get the whole set to balence things out for the faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pick the packs you want. Part of the reason people have been saying you should grab everything is because Conquest is about to get much harder to collect. Once the game's sold out on the normal retail channels, it's going to be gone. So, if you're still playing next year, and want a card from one of the packs you skipped, it's going to be very pricey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
You can pick the packs you want.

The only exceptions in Planetfall are Subject Omega and (to a lesser extent) Worr; Omega wants most (if not all) of the Planetfall cycle because otherwise genestealers are too thin on the ground. Worr wants most of it because a number of the "buff AM at green planet" cards are scattered throughout, and they help Worr out a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to what the others have said, you can certainly play with any pack or packs from a cycle, but by having the whole cycle you will maximize your ability to use the synergies present in the cycle for all the different factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.