Hide
9 Posts

Legends Untold» Forums » General

Subject: News?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
Is it dead as i cant find it anywhere and their site has no link to news of release or if its possible to buy

I seem to like it and would like to know more...
Thank you,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

no the game is very much alive it's just been stuck in graphic design hell for about two months whilst we improve the cards from the prototype version to the review version.

We are working through the cards just now to get them off to the Reviewers this week. There are only a few more to go but it takes time because every card in the game is unique and often reversible therefore we have to relayer up to 100 items usually per card when we do this.

When we get the review cards off we will be launching a lot of content on here in short order. We intend to launch a community wiki telling you all about the game, it's just that we want to show you it with the improved cards.

We are targeting a Kickstarter launch date of the 15th of November 2016.

We are grateful for your interest in our game - thanks!

Kev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Sounds good and look forward to it.. hope for depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
hey guys a quick update from us.

4 Review copies now out, 4 more to go.

Wiki entries being finalised for you guys to start digesting.

KS page and video is in train.

A few treats to show you shortly

Cheers

Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Frequent updates are a good thing right?

Let us know if these are too frequent please.

Wanted to let you know we now have lots of copies of the game out for Review.

Ricky Royal has just finished up his work, more to follow.

One thing that has come up in the last few days is questions around ongoing support and expansions.

We have a vision for this and how it all works, we were always a bit worried about jumping the gun a bit on this front.

With this in mind we have been driving through some themed explainers for you so you can see what we are trying to do but keeping it in line with the plot.

Question for you guys - how important is it that you know more about the world and future campaign plans in the Kickstarter?

Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Learning more about its world, background, and story are fine. But, I'm far more interested about how it plays. Turn sequence, mechanics, etc.

Thanks! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that alluding to the fact that you plan to expand it in the future is fine but you should really concentrate on the base game first. Make sure that's the best it can be so that people want more later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Conolly
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this one. Let us all know when the KS goes live

I'm assuming design is all finished - so we're really looking at a pre-order KS? Or are lots of stretch goals planned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Fergus - much appreciated!

So we are targeting November 15th for Launch (two weeks today!) The only things that may delay that are real world stuff (Company bank accounts etc) not the game.

We wanted to wait on Reviewers to opine first but yes
Design is all finished.

We need to reart a number of the cards to get them to final version hence the Kickstarter.

There are Stretch Goals planned but they are a bit different shall we say. The early doors ones will give you a better box, cards, more cards etc.

But if we can reach a larger number we will offer the second starter set as an add on. It's all designed and gives you the other 4 Heroes from the Novice rank. This would give you two routes into Dun Mordain and the chance to intermix everything from the 1st set with the second set. You could also change the Foe over from each set to give you lots of replay value.

Finally for the super keen you could combine both Environments (Caves and Sewers)and run a Multi Environment Giant Adventure or MEGA game.

BUT we respect all of the advice you the gamers out there have given us on this page and don't want to run before we can walk. So we won't offer up that add on until we know we are funded.

Thanks
Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.