United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Portable Barrier says to treat all empty zombie entrance spaces as if there were a Barricade there.

Does this mean that Zombies can't be added to that location at all?
I would say yes, because:
When a zombie is added, it breaks the Barricade instead of coming into a space.
Then, that space becomes empty, so it's treated as if it has a Barricade, by the Portable Barrier.
Ad infinitum.

But I'm just checking, because of the wording; why wouldn't it just say "Zombies can't be added to the location", like it specifically says about Bandits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I seriously doubt that's the case.
I'd say the solution is simply "add every second zombie you need to place"

The first one is blocked by the "barricade" and the second one enters into play.

I would reset the "power" for every time a new group of zombies would enter in that location

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if I try to summon Jon Gilmour to this thread, we'll start to get official answers to the rules questions that are popping up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't add any new zombies, ever. That's what it used to say in playtest. Not sure what changes the rewording made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bokowski
Canada
flag msg tools
I imagine it was changed for objectives talking about needing barricades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
My initial interpretation was to just block all zombies. But Andrea has an interesting creditable interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If they wanted you to place every second zombie they could have just said that. The way the card is worded I would agree with the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Flame112 wrote:
If they wanted you to place every second zombie they could have just said that. The way the card is worded I would agree with the OP.

That's true but then i don't understand the choice of the wording used.

It would have been way simpler to say "don't add zombies at the location you're at"
or
"Exclude the location you're in from the adding the zombies phase"

It would have made so much more sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I definitely agree with that. This wording is strange. The only reason to word it this way that I can think of would be to make it help out with objectives that require barricades outside the colony. I think I remember there being st least one of these in the original game but I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.