Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ralph-nader-gives-clinton-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Back in 2000, then I would have voted FOR John McCain, so, Ralph got this instead, as the SCOTUS gave us, well, you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
;) Back in 2000, then I would have voted FOR John McCain, so, Ralph got this instead, as the SCOTUS gave us, well, you know. :(

Best thing Nader has ever accomplished.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There was also Ross Perot, and at least HE went around in Vietnam too 'deliver packages' for POWs, yet, "W"-&-'cronies'? worker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is why we need a run-off system so badly. I try not to blame Nader for the great recession and the Iraq War, but honestly both are partially the fault of his ambition and short-sightedness. Much like whatever a President Trump would wrought would be partially Stein's.

If there's a boulder and a pebble rolling down the hill, you step aside and let the boulder pass, even if it means the pebble will hit you in the knee and do a bit of damage. To say that both outcomes are equally bad is idiotic at best, dishonest at worst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
Back in 2000, then I would have voted FOR John McCain, so, Ralph got this instead, as the SCOTUS gave us, well, you know.

Ferret

Born yesterday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

This is why we need a run-off system so badly. I try not to blame Nader for the great recession and the Iraq War, but honestly both are partially the fault of his ambition and short-sightedness. Much like whatever a President Trump would wrought would be partially Stein's.

If there's a boulder and a pebble rolling down the hill, you step aside and let the boulder pass, even if it means the pebble will hit you in the knee and do a bit of damage. To say that both outcomes are equally bad is idiotic at best, dishonest at worst.

You presume, I think erroneously, that people voting for third parties would have voted the way you wanted if they hadn't voted third party.

First even the assumption that they would vote AT ALL is probably not accurate. Many of them would simply become entirely disenfranchised. Second, in any given election the percentage of Greens (more likely to go Dem if not Green) VS Libertarians (more likely to go Rep if not Lib) isn't that significantly different. So I think they tend to cancel each other out.

The only even potential 3rd party spoiler I think we have had was Perot.

And I think he pulled actual voters from BOTH sides because he wasn't the fringe of either... he was different from both.

Here is an interesting recent NPR article about why the independents aren't doing as well as one would expect considering how much we hate collectively dislike the two party candidates this cycle.

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/12/485275509/americans-really-dis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
;) Back in 2000, then I would have voted FOR John McCain, so, Ralph got this instead, as the SCOTUS gave us, well, you know. :(

Ferret

Born yesterday?

No, he's like 70 or something.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
I love the confluence of the wacky left and deplorable right that desperately, desperately need to view Clinton as badly as Trump.

If a center left moderate can be worth something, why even bother living anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
I love the confluence of the wacky left and deplorable right that desperately, desperately need to view Clinton as badly as Trump.

If a center left moderate can be worth something, why even bother living anymore?

Oh I don't view her as badly...she's vastly, vastly worse.

Anybody not already drinking her kool-aid knows that.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Were you blatantly alluding upon that "Jonestown"-'libation', then it was "Flav-"R"-Ade" PURPLE-DRANK whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.