Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
.....or do you frequently find yourself with nothing good to do the last turn or two of the game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apecage wrote:
.....or do you frequently find yourself with nothing good to do the last turn or two of the game??
Sometimes the last two turns are get silver/workers and then convert them to a victory point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Picart i Barrot
Andorra
Girona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timxrb wrote:
apecage wrote:
Sometimes the last two turns are get silver/workers and then convert them to a victory point.

Totally. It's kind of anti-climatic, don't you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timxrb wrote:
apecage wrote:

It happens. I try to focus on getting cards from the display early in a round, aim for a boost with a 3 silver bonus action in between and then get cards into my estate in the last turns - or stock up on workers/silver, which might be more important in the card game than the board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on how exacting you're being in your planning, and how the cards fall in the start of the last round. Sometimes, yeah, I think that's going to happen. Other times I'm guessing that certain kinds of planning will result in the last two turns being more meaningful - or frustrating as the last card you hoped to take is gone. Not the only game where that happens, surely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what to focus on. But it seems to become impossible more often that a good game would offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apecage wrote:
I know what to focus on. But it seems to become impossible more often that a good game would offer.

What other filler+ game has that amount of depth? I don't think CoB the board game is at all in the same category as the card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.