Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Since when did it become vogue to tip in cents? I'm seeing a lot more one GeekCent tips these days. You know, in some circles, that's considered rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some users have very, very few geekgold. If someone possessed 4 GG, and tipped a few cents to deserving recipients, I would find that admirable, not rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
badge
Pierce 2
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tipped numerous times in cents and I think it is a great way of giving a bit more than a thumbs up for users with no itentions of contributing (content) to the community.
I can geekmod a bit now and then to have just enough gg(cents) to tip somebody when I see something extraordinary.
If the prevailing opinion is that this is rude behavior, I will stop immidiately of course. Though I don't think that's the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
No I was trying to be funny without resorting to using one of these:

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krainer wrote:
Some users have very, very few geekgold. If someone possessed 4 GG, and tipped a few cents to deserving recipients, I would find that admirable, not rude.

Your welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
Since when did it become vogue to tip in cents? I'm seeing a lot more one GeekCent tips these days. You know, in some circles, that's considered rude.

Damn straight. Don't you people know I make less than minimum wage posting here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note to self... Ed would rather get no tip than a GeekCent tip.

Got it. I suppose you don't want a thumbs-up either, waiting for a high-five?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely made me tip more often. I wonder if the cents tipping will increase the total amount of gg changing hands as well. Maybe Tom could do another report like his exchange rate report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:

In circles where people are getting paid to live, and not just with folks trying to show they have appreciation for something that normally has no charge.

blindspot wrote:
It's definitely made me tip more often. I wonder if the cents tipping will increase the total amount of gg changing hands as well. Maybe Tom could do another report like his exchange rate report.

Absolutely. If everyone that hits a topic and finds something of interest therein drops a few cents to the guy at the top of the page he will he might make out better than if one person dropped a single gold coin on him. I tip a cent or five now and again, and when I've got an Uber Badge I'll increase the amount I tip and most likely the frequency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like to tip .01 because it shows I support what they say, I support it a little more than a thumb, and if they say something similar 99 more times they'd have a full geekgold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
For those folks-(including myself) that had been having problems with their "Geek Mail" here, then it was also a helpful means of being able to SEND a message to someone else without it costing too much to do thusly. Someone "coined" the method as a "Geek Stamp", since it was usually a quick and easy manner to communicate for them in this way. I'm ONLY 92-cents away from a WHOLE GG once more, so perhaps some other "more valued" GEEK can spare a "DIME", for the 'time'?
at the 'tone', the TIME will be: 19:05:00
*ding*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
You guys who left a penny in my tip jar, har har, real funny. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
You guys who left a penny in my tip jar, har har, real funny. yuk

But until now you got 0.14 and that`s the sense of it! Many people do little things to make a sum.

You might have a look at my new thread to discuss about giving tips in genral:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/165588

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
I'm seeing a lot more one GeekCent tips these days. You know, in some circles, that's considered rude.

I'm seeing your avatar has a "no whining" symbol. You know, in some circles, that's considered ironic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
But until now you got 0.14 and that`s the sense of it! Many people do little things to make a sum.

Wow, a complaint about 0.01 tips has already earned 0.14 GG! You are right, this is a very good and inspiring lesson, which I think we can all learn from.

It leaves me with only one thing to say:

What is up with people only tipping 1 GG? Where I come from, that's considered pretty cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.