Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I always start any new game with a thorough check against the parts list to make sure nothing is missing, and I am happy to say my game is complete (I even got an extra goods cube) but there is one inclusion not mentioned on the parts list I am puzzled by.

There is a small bag containing the two plastic connectors used to assemble the astrolabe. My copy came with two of these bags. My gut instinct is that the second set is an unintentional extra but I want to make sure I won't need them for something sealed away.

Did anyone else get two sets of connectors? If mine is an anomaly, I can safely ignore the second bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I also got 2 sets of connectors. They are a little too loose for my liking though. shake

The components list doesn't seem accurate though:
1) Stated number of fortune tokens is lower than what I got
2) Stated number of reputation tokens is lower than what I got
3) Stated number of coins is lower than what I got
4) I got 4 event cards A/B/C/D each individually sealed in a thin plastic but doesn't seem to be mentioned in the components list.

I wonder if there's anything else that's inaccurate/not listed in the manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Haag
United States
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There were 2 sets of astrolabe rivets in my box as well.

I also noticed that, going through the retired advisor stickers, there are two retired adventurers, and one each of pirate, taxman, recruiter, builder, merchant, and trader. Is having two adventurers intentional, or did I get an extra one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Haag
United States
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amekishi wrote:

4) I got 4 event cards A/B/C/D each individually sealed in a thin plastic but doesn't seem to be mentioned in the components list.

They're additional event cards. It's mentioned on page 6 of the rulebook (under "event cards"). They'll be unlocked when you complete certain milestones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EdHaag wrote:
There were 2 sets of astrolabe rivets in my box as well.

I also noticed that, going through the retired advisor stickers, there are two retired adventurers, and one each of pirate, taxman, recruiter, builder, merchant, and trader. Is having two adventurers intentional, or did I get an extra one?

I also have 2 adventurers. Probably intentional...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sealed event cards are intentional, as Edward said. I believe the distribution of retired advisors is correct; it matches what was shown on Rodney's Watch It Played. I suspect that the extra tokens/coins won't make a difference, but you could always put them in an "extras" bag to keep them out of the supply. The extra goods counter should not be used; the supply of goods is intended to be limited. The extra dial connector bit -- I don't know, but it was also mentioned in the most recently linked video on BGG, "The Latest Retro. SeaFall: On the Precipice". The *speculation* was that in might be required by something in one of the sealed boxes, but I would think that if that were true it would be in that box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since the Astrolabe connector is two plastic pieces, is it possible that an extra was placed in the game box in case one of them broke during construction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
The sealed event cards are intentional, as Edward said. I believe the distribution of retired advisors is correct; it matches what was shown on Rodney's Watch It Played. I suspect that the extra tokens/coins won't make a difference, but you could always put them in an "extras" bag to keep them out of the supply. The extra goods counter should not be used; the supply of goods is intended to be limited. The extra dial connector bit -- I don't know, but it was also mentioned in the most recently linked video on BGG, "The Latest Retro. SeaFall: On the Precipice". The *speculation* was that in might be required by something in one of the sealed boxes, but I would think that if that were true it would be in that box.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 2 astrolabe connectors and 1 of them is clearly deformed and unusable, so I think that's why they double packed them. Some of them probably came out of the mold bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most other games I can remember buying with round connectors like that (eg, Battlestar Galactica) have come with an extra piece in case of breakage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amekishi wrote:
Hi,

I also got 2 sets of connectors. They are a little too loose for my liking though. shake

The components list doesn't seem accurate though:
1) Stated number of fortune tokens is lower than what I got
2) Stated number of reputation tokens is lower than what I got
3) Stated number of coins is lower than what I got

I wonder if there's anything else that's inaccurate/not listed in the manual.

I noticed these as well but since the token sheets are standardized and nothing was missing, it's obvious the values in the rulebook are incorrect, probably matching up with an earlier playtest copy.

As a side note, it's worth noting thart the quantities of metal coins exactly match the (actual, not listed) quantities of cardboard coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(PSN) SilentSniper_X_
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Don't the rules say that fortune, gold, and reputation aren't limited by components? I know the rulebook explicitly states that if you run out of gold use some from another game. I also feel the line in the rule book stating there is no limit to reputation also means that you aren't supply limited on these items. It seems to me the only starting items that are supply limited are goods and enmity tokens, both of which are explicitly stated as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.