$30.00
Armando Cardoso
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Hello everyone. I was looking for a way to improve the car play and rules for zombicide since they are a bit overpowered. I know that there is a few ideas out there but here is mine. Try it out and let me know what you think. Also i will be adding pics of my 3d set up for the cars. (eventually)
So i basically broke it down to Keeping the original car set up and only adding 5 cars to it plus 1 taxi variation and 1 muscle variation.
House rules i like to apply, all cars are limited to 1 movement per action and no search or stashing available unless specified. No seat switching. Only passengers can do ranged attacks. Also you can't get bitten inside a car unless is a fatty or abomination. They can break through the glass.(Exceptions: Riding on a pimpmobile over toxic zombies will give + 1 wound to every1 in the car also a convertible will not protect you against zombie bites. Riding bike/atv gives you no protection against any zombies!)
What makes this awesome is that matchbox and hotwheels have all these theme cars just perfect for zombicide. Also the idea here is just to move the car token so u dont have to be fixing minis all the time. all i do is set the car tiles on one side of the board with whatever cards they need for the search under the tile each car has a set number + add 2 aahh cards to the mix and shuffle it. ( for this extra cards are needed it.) When someone gets inside a car and does a search gets to choose from the cards for that specific car and we set the minis on top of the tile to keep track of the seating. Also i have set a limit of zombies you can run over with each car so keeping track of zombies you kill around the car tile is quite helpful. Slows and runners 1. Fattys count as 2, abominations 3. you can't runover an abomination with cars only trucks or chopper.(Read ahead) Reaching the limit of runovers will automatically count as a crash. You can only refuel the fire truck and the chopper as long as they r not damaged.

Cars generate +1 damage to zombies.
Trucks +2
chopper +3(restricted)

If running over abobination with car automatically you crash. Running over with a truck will create a crawling abobination if u roll 5+ less will take away have your hit points for vehicle. Only firetruck can kill an abobination 4+ or chopper if you have the skill level.4+ as well.
Running over fatties with car will make a crawler 4+
Dumpsters and barricades can only be run over with a truck. All others will crash. Bike/atv can go around it.

Muscle cars: set of 3 matchbox 1/64 scale corvette, camaro and cuda will be placed on 100×50mm bases. Camaro is a convertible. (Convertible rules apply for running over zombies)

Restrictions.
No search available, no stashing. restricted to 1 move per action, 1 noise token per square move.
Limit to 6 zombie runovers. Before the radiator fails.
Skills. None
Ability. None

Taxi cars: set of 3 matchbox 1/64 scale taxis will be placed on 100x50mm bases. 1 of them is a yellow clunker.

Restrictions.
no search available. No stashing available. +1 noise token for the clunker per square moved.
Limit of 4 zombie runovers before the radiator fails. 2 for the clunker.
Skills. None.
Ability. +3 movement. The clunker only +2 moves per action.

Cop cars: set of 3 matchbox 1/64 scale cop cars will be placed on 100x50mm bases.

Restrictions.
Only 1 move per action. Limit of 6 cards. Limit of 7 runovers before the radiator fails.
Skills. None.
Ability. search is available for ranged weapons/ammo only. + the Exeception. Night sticks, flashlight goggles and jerry cans

Pimp mobiles: set of 3 matchbox 1/64 scale pimp mobiles will be placed on 100x50mm bases.

Restrictions.
Only 1 move per action. Limit to the pimp mobile cards. Limit of 2 run overs before your engine fails and u are covered in decaying flesh. You are not safe from zombies in this car. Caution: Running over toxic zombies will give +1 wound to every one in this car. Caution: You are not safe in this car meaning you can't hide from zombies.
Skills. None
Ability.
Search available, pimp mobile special guns/ammo. Stashing available. + 1 range attacks.

Hippie mobiles: set of 3 hotwheels hippie mobiles will be placed on 100x50mm bases.

Restrictions.
No running over zombies. 1 move per action. Limit of 2 zweed cards per car (you can use first aid kits.) if zweed medicinal cannabis card is activated you will lose 1 action for one turn after removing your wound.
Skills. None.
Ability.
Search is availe for +1 healt only. Remove a wound (is that medicinal zweed.) discard cards. if u r not wounded save it for later or stash it back in the car. Stashing is available. There is a 50/50chance you'll get a zombie in this car when searching carefull. ( Yes! i have printed zweed medicinal cannabis health cards.
By the way who loves ZNation show on sci fi?? Im planning on making the characters from the show specially murphy. But anyways the 50/50 chance makes a lot of sense here as well. Just think about it)

Chopper: 1 hotwheels 1/64 scale lift chopper will be placed on a 100x50mm base.

Restrictions.
+3 noise tokens where ever u land however U can only land on open street tiles with no one on it. No searching or stashing. You can't kill zombies using the chopper unless your skill level is in the red zone. Limit of 10 shredded zombies using your proppellers before one of then snaps. Limit of 5 flights before you ran out of gas. Keep track of this by every time the chopper lands.
Skills. Pilot only
Ability.
6 passengers +2 attack using chopper(restricted)

Special add on vehicles.

Bike/atv. Will be using 1 hotwheels 1/64 scale atv mounted on a 100x50mm base.

Restrictions.
No running over zombies. No searching or stashing available. Caution riding on a bike or atv will not protect you from zombie bites. +1 noise token per movement square. Only 2 passengers.
Skills. Slippery (only driver)
Ability.
3 moves per action. Can steer clear from a square with zombies by loosing 1 action.

Ambulance: set of 2 hotwheels 1/64 scale ambulances will be mounted on 100x75mm bases.

Restrictions.
1 move per action. 3 first aid kits cards only per car. No stashing available. Limit to 5 runovers before your radiator fails.
Skills. None
Ability.
Search is available for first aid kits only. Ambulance kits are +2 health. (Only when activated at the moment of the search. If it goes in your inventory is worth +1)
If only 1 wound keep the card for later use. If no wounds, take an xtra card from the ambulance pile now remember that there are 2 aahh cards in the pile so be careful with ambulances.

Swat truck: 1 hotwheels swat truck 1/64 scale mounted on a 100×50mm base.

Restrictions.
1 mover per action. 1 noise token per square moved. Limit of 6 cards. Limit of 7 runovers before your windshield is so damp in body parts. you can't see ahead. This is an armored car with no room for ranged or melee attacks. Only an abobination can hurt survivors inside in a swat car.
Skills. None.
Ability.
Searching is available no weapon/ammo restriction+ scope sight. Stashing is available. 6 passengers.

Truck: 1 matchbox freightliner truck scale 1/64 will be placed on a 100x50mm base.

Restrictions.
1 move per action. + 2 noise tokens per square moved. Limit to 8 run overs before the rear axle is stuck in decaying flesh and bones.No searching or stashing available.
Skills. Still thinking on this one.
Ability.
6 passengers, +1 attack when running over zombies.

Fire truck: 1 matchbox fire truck will be placed on a 100x50mm base.

Restrictions.
1 move per action. +2 noise tokens per square moved.limit of 6 cards. Limit to 10 runovers before you ran out of gas. This firetrucks are made to withstand a lot but gas comsumption is hefty.
Skills. Still thinking on this one.
Ability.
6 passengers, search is available for special melee weapons (ej.axes,crowbar,hatchet) and first aid kits only. First aid kits are +1 health. Stashing is available. +1 attack when running over zombies. +1 ranged attack since u have a water canon. Enjoy.

Now How i incorporate the add onn cars is quite simple just follow your scenario instructions however in the case u have for example 2 cop cars for the scenario place 1 cop car and roll a die for the second cop car. If u get:

1. You keep the original car tile
2. -atv/bike
3. -truck
4. -ambulance
5. -swat truck.
6. -firetruck

This rule only applies if the scenario has more than 1 cop, hippie, or pimp. If 2 taxis automatically 1 has to be the clunker. If 2 muscles 1 needs to be the convertible.

I think this is a really good way to add some variation to the cars plus using certain house rules like ducking or miss hits plus combining pans with food, etc. will make a more pleasent longer gameplay. However i believe that having 20 cars is just nonsense. But thats just my opinion.

So there you have it guys. Let me know what you think about it. Again i will post some pics of my finish car tokens eventually. Also i will do the same for some custom crate/dumspter/manhole and barricade ideas and rules i have + my zombicide army, custom painted + bases. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Cardoso
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Muscle cars im using. Correction no cuda.

Taxis

Cops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Cardoso
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Pimps. I will add GIjoe vuns to the side of these cars.

Hippie plus medicinal stickers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Cardoso
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Chopper

Atv

Truck

Swat truck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Cardoso
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Ambulances

Fire truck

Bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.