Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During a surface battle, the rules say that transports in a TF can not receive a hit until all other ships in the Task Force have been allocated hits. If the surface battle is in the Slot, and the Japanese have a Bombardment TF as well as the Tokyo Express, can the US player target the Tokyo Express and allocate a hit to that transport without having to first allocate a hit to all ships in the bombardment TF, since the transport in the Tokyo Express is it's own Task Force (not part of the Bombardment TF)?

Also I understand that in a surface battle in Ironbottom Sound if any ship in any defending TF receives a hit, ALL TF's are forced to withdraw at the end of the second round of the combat. So is this different in the Slot? Am I correct in that surface battles in the Slot, a Defending TF that does not receive a hit does not have to withdraw at the end of the second round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
In the Slot the two task forces are totally separate. So the US player could intercept the Tokyo Express and sink it without the other IJN force being able to do a thing.

In the Slot defending TF that get hit go home, others stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
In the Slot the two task forces are totally separate. So the US player could intercept the Tokyo Express and sink it without the other IJN force being able to do a thing.

In the Slot defending TF that get hit go home, others stay.

Thanks Roger. Just to be clear,the other IJN force in the Slot would still be able to fire on the attacking TF. Correct?

And also, not just the defending TF in the Slot goes home, but also the attacking TF. That is correct, is it not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
When there are two defending task forces in the Slot they do not interact at all. So no the other TF does not fire on the attacking TF. The attacker moves in, all TF are revealed and the attacker chooses which TF to fight for the two rounds. Can not switch targets after first round.

Attacking TF always go home. Hits or no hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
Can not switch targets after first round.

I thought you could, if (and only if) the first enemy TF was completely eliminated during the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmiller1093 wrote:
When there are two defending task forces in the Slot they do not interact at all. So no the other TF does not fire on the attacking TF.

Rule 10.3 Surface Combat:
"When the phasing player moves his TF-A or TF-B to an enemy-occupied Iron Bottom Sound or The Slot, surface combat occurs. Both sides reveal all their ships in the sea zone. All ships in the area participate in combat."
What does it mean that all ships in the area participate in combat? I took that to mean that all ships in the area get to fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
I should read the rules and not answer when I am tired. All ships participate. They all get to fire. Note that Air Strike is the exception and does not work on all get to participate model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Freeman
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
When the Express and an IJN TF-B are in the slot and a USN TF moves in, the US player fires and can distribute hits to both IJN TFs. The first hit CAN go on the Express. The IJN however, gets to return fire whether the US hits the TF-B or not.

This has been verified by Roger Miller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.