Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been really interested handball since going to see two games at the Sydney Olympics. They were the games played to determine the bottom 4 rankings: 7/8 (Australia vs Cuba), and 5/6 (Korea vs Tunisia). I now live in Korea which has one of the best women's handball teams in the world, so they'll probably be one team.

---

The current idea:

2 player game, but hopefully with some way of playing solo.

18 cards made up of:

- 3 court cards
- 12 player cards, 6 per team (no separate goal-keeper cards)
- 1 randomiser/reference
- 2 rules

Pencil and paper for scoring

I'm a little worried about the rules cards, which will probably drive the development.

Gameplay

I've only sketched out some basic ideas for how the game will work, largely thinking about the geography of the cards.

The court cards are laid out to create 6 sectors

The players can be placed on the board cards, or above/below the board cards. There are 7 people (including goal keeper) on a handball court at any one time, which seems doable. I can abstract and have fewer individual players if needed

---

I'll update again later with some more specific questions and directions for design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, since cutting of cards is allowed, I will be a little cheeky and make put two player cards on a card (the players are effectively mini-cards) meaning that there will be 6 spare cards that can be used for other tasks (rules, AI cards for solo mode, possibly some action cards, scoring, etc).

I've been thinking, and I'd like the players to be double-sided, with the sidedness showing possession of the ball.

The big difficulty at the moment is how much 'handball' to put in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.