GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Any full board footprint photos for each scenario? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Osiris Saline
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone had taken photos of the complete map piece set up for each scenario?

I've played the first scenario and it took up slightly more room than I was expecting based on people's statements on the footprint, so photos of the map layouts would help a ton before setting up the larger scenarios, and I don't want to spoil the story of the game by going through the app and revealing all manner of secrets/plot points.

Thanks to anyone who links to/uploads anything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But please put it in spoiler tags!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played all the original scenarios and they all were about the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair I've only played the first couple scenarios in 2nd edition, and a lot of the first edition ones. All of the maps easily fit within the dimensions of a standard "board" game (like Monopoly for example). So if you have room for a board, you'll have room for a full map of mansions. The tricky part is that you don't always know how the map will spread from the start point, so you'll likely have to adjust as you explore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inmat4251 wrote:
To be fair I've only played the first couple scenarios in 2nd edition, and a lot of the first edition ones. All of the maps easily fit within the dimensions of a standard "board" game (like Monopoly for example). So if you have room for a board, you'll have room for a full map of mansions. The tricky part is that you don't always know how the map will spread from the start point, so you'll likely have to adjust as you explore.

Thanks, knowing the maps stay largely the same size helps a bit.

As you said the final map lay-out is my worry right now. After playing the first scenario twice on a 4 person dining room table we had a bit of trouble moving cards/monster pile/map tiles around so we could all fit near the end, so I'm hoping if I can get a generally spoiler free image of the final layouts that I may be able to arrange the cards/seats and such in appropriate places.

Given I can fit Eldrith Horror on the same table with a bit of Tetris work I'm sure it'll be fine, but the troubles of living in an apartment too small for an emergency trestle table set up is irritating at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
OsirisSaline wrote:
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone had taken photos of the complete map piece set up for each scenario?

I've played the first scenario and it took up slightly more room than I was expecting based on people's statements on the footprint, so photos of the map layouts would help a ton before setting up the larger scenarios, and I don't want to spoil the story of the game by going through the app and revealing all manner of secrets/plot points.

Why not just click through the scenario and see the map layout? The app is free. You don't have to advance the game (for the most part) to see all the rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
OsirisSaline wrote:
Hey,

Why not just click through the scenario and see the map layout? The app is free. You don't have to advance the game (for the most part) to see all the rooms.

Agreed.

Scanning & posting rooms almost sounds like asking for trouble, allowing someone to technically play the game just using the app and printouts for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J N
msg tools
Usually it's 3 large tiles from left to right, and 3-3.5 from top to bottom. So about 80*80 cm² are enough. The investigators and all the cards you collect are more of a problem, but manageable.
Overall, the table footprint is pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Casey080 wrote:
Usually it's 3 large tiles from left to right, and 3-3.5 from top to bottom. So about 80*80 cm² are enough. The investigators and all the cards you collect are more of a problem, but manageable.
Overall, the table footprint is pretty good.

Thanks! This'll help a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
zenxacred wrote:
OsirisSaline wrote:
Hey,

Agreed.

Scanning & posting rooms almost sounds like asking for trouble, allowing someone to technically play the game just using the app and printouts for free.

Oh I don't want exact rooms or details, I was hoping some people may have group play photos so I could judge size/map obtuseness.

I don't want the opening story, or any accidental spoilers to occur while tapping through the app, especially during the mythos phase. Playing with company for the lore experience is my deal, but doing that without much space at hand is always touch and go with tile games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.