$5.00
$20.00
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a news!

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/35699/fantasy-flight-game...

Copy and pasted from the website:

Modiphius Entertainment and Cabinet Entertainment have announced a new partnership with Fantasy Flight Games for the global publishing, retail distribution, localization, and translation of the Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel techno-fantasy miniatures board game.

Richard Borg, who designed the original Siege of the Citadel game for Pressman Toys in 1993 is back leading the design team for the Mutant Chronicles iteration of Siege of the Citadel (see “Modiphius Reveals New Siege of the Citadel”), and the game has been the focus of an extremely successful Kickstarter campaign that has raised more than $280,000 from over 2,200 backers.

The Kickstarter was so successful in fact that it “unlocked” (funded) two additional expansions for the Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel game (see “Two Expansions Unlocked for Siege of Citadel”).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the game is still on KS for two more days and it's just about to unlock the third expansion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just now.

PRESS RELEASE

MUTANT CHRONICLES: SIEGE OF THE CITADEL SECURES DEAL FOR CO-PUBLISHING, GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION, AND LOCALIZATION WITH FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES.

Today Modiphius Entertainment, publisher of the Achtung! Cthulhu, Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Infinity, and John Carter of Mars roleplaying games, and Cabinet Entertainment (Conan the Barbarian, Kull of Atlantis, Solomon Kane, Mutant Chronicles, Mutant: Year Zero, Kult) announced a new partnership with Fantasy Flight Games for the global publishing, retail distribution, localization, and translation of the Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel miniatures board game.

In a joint statement issued by Fredrik Malmberg, president and CEO of Cabinet Entertainment and Chris Birch, publishing director of Modiphius Entertainment, “FFG’s global reach is unsurpassed in the hobby game industry and their expertise allows us the opportunity to focus on the game’s design and development. We’re thrilled to be working with them to bring Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel to friendly local game shops everywhere.”

Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel has currently raised more than $280,000 in a highly successful Kickstarter campaign with more than 2200 backers and three days to go. The retail version of Siege of the Citadel will be released worldwide after the delivery of the Kickstarter rewards, which are due to be shipped Q4 2017.

Siege of the Citadel, originally designed by Richard Borg and published by Target Games and Pressman Toys in the 1990s, was one of the first games of its kind to offer character development and the unique rotating Dark Legion player, among other groundbreaking ideas. Conceived by Sweden’s gaming powerhouse Target Games, Siege of the Citadel was advertised on television in the US and hundreds of gamers still own much loved copies across the world. This new edition reboots the classic game with balanced and updated rules, 40 new sculpted minis, new double-sided tiles, new creatures, and an A-List design team of Richard Borg, Eric M. Lang and Kevin Wilson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paireon Skiboute
Canada
flag msg tools
HAHAHA OH WOW. That news just made my day. Wonder how GeeDubs will react.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No comment. Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really surprised with them partnering up with FFG with how FFG handled the property previously.

I think I will pass...

I've had bad experience with their previous miniatures game for Mutant Chronicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
No comment. Sigh.

No comment here but in their website its the first thing you see,
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/6/mutant-...

Also they said it in their FB page and Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:
wytefang wrote:
No comment. Sigh.

No comment here but in their website its the first thing you see,
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/6/mutant-...

Also they said it in their FB page and Twitter.
Yes, I think sometimes that BGG/BGG community believes itself to be the centre of the gaming universe, whereas it's largely irrelevant outside its membership. Clearly some brands manage to survive quite well without including BGG in their sphere of operations. FFG have always been one such company. I see no reason why that should change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.