Subject: Anyone else uses these for doom token replacement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the doom tokens have been bothering me as they are small and fiddly and not perfectly noticeable from some distance away. I didn't know what to replace them with until I finished a certain game and now have these pieces lying around. They work for me. Easy to see, put down and take out and are fairly thematic. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M (Grey Areas Gaming)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're great! Which "certain game" are they from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:

You will know once you played it ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of a 'spoiler alert' type of thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Jones
Australia
Elizabeth Bay
New South Wales
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:

You are not supposed to know as they are a intended to be a surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that idea, but I really like the glass token idea too. Too many good ideas... I think I need a nap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the spoiler, now I wanna punch someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a spoiler still a spoiler if you don't know what it spoils?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).

Same, That never made sense to me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sindriss wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

Well, if you knock the AO sheet, if there's a single token it might be difficult to put it back at the right point, whereas with a token for each point there's no possibility of ambiguity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Sindriss wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

Well, if you knock the AO sheet, if there's a single token it might be difficult to put it back at the right point, whereas with a token for each point there's no possibility of ambiguity.

It's a lot more difficult to put 12 pieces back on than it is to put 1 back on .

i can't say that i've ever accidentally knocked the AO sheet around. A glass bead is relatively heavy, an stays put quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Sindriss wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

It's a lot more difficult to put 12 pieces back on than it is to put 1 back on .
Only if you know where the single piece came from! If you mean it takes less time then I agree, but again only if you know where it came from. But we should agree to differ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.