$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else uses these for doom token replacement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the doom tokens have been bothering me as they are small and fiddly and not perfectly noticeable from some distance away. I didn't know what to replace them with until I finished a certain game and now have these pieces lying around. They work for me. Easy to see, put down and take out and are fairly thematic. What do you think?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M (Grey Areas Gaming)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're great! Which "certain game" are they from?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
They're great! Which "certain game" are they from?


You will know once you played it ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of a 'spoiler alert' type of thing
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Jones
Australia
Elizabeth Bay
New South Wales
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
They're great! Which "certain game" are they from?



You are not supposed to know as they are a intended to be a surprise.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that idea, but I really like the glass token idea too. Too many good ideas... I think I need a nap.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the spoiler, now I wanna punch someone.
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a spoiler still a spoiler if you don't know what it spoils?
6 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).


Same, That never made sense to me either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sindriss wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).


Same, That never made sense to me either.
Well, if you knock the AO sheet, if there's a single token it might be difficult to put it back at the right point, whereas with a token for each point there's no possibility of ambiguity.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Sindriss wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).


Same, That never made sense to me either.
Well, if you knock the AO sheet, if there's a single token it might be difficult to put it back at the right point, whereas with a token for each point there's no possibility of ambiguity.


It's a lot more difficult to put 12 pieces back on than it is to put 1 back on .

i can't say that i've ever accidentally knocked the AO sheet around. A glass bead is relatively heavy, an stays put quite well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
Sindriss wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
i use only a single token (typically a glass bead) which i slide along the chart. i see no reason in the world to place one token for each and every slot (that was a silly design decision, IMO).


Same, That never made sense to me either.
Well, if you knock the AO sheet, if there's a single token it might be difficult to put it back at the right point, whereas with a token for each point there's no possibility of ambiguity.


It's a lot more difficult to put 12 pieces back on than it is to put 1 back on .
Only if you know where the single piece came from! If you mean it takes less time then I agree, but again only if you know where it came from. But we should agree to differ.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.