11 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Crossover Pack 2 – Arrow» Forums » Variants

Subject: Any chance of more of these? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Cincotta-Pipe
Australia
flag msg tools
Does anyone else hope they do a Large expansion of DCDB of Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl? or at least little ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea - a large box expansion of the combined TV series would be a nice touch and might get fans of the shows to buy a DC Deck-Building game that doesn't use art from the comics (for those who don't like comic art).

You could already make one from combining components from the other sets, but it'd be great to have a new mechanic and promo artwork or stills from the shows. Possible Super Heroes:

Green Arrow
Black Canary (or White Canary, thinking of Sara Lance here)
Flash
Firestorm
Hawkman
The Atom
Supergirl
Martian Manhunter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only one I do not use as the pictures do not fit in with the comic are of the other series.

A big box of all the shows would be good for those who are fans of the TV shows but I would not pick it up to add to the current DC deck builder series as they look out of place next to the conic art ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cryptozoic isn't commenting (yet), but I'm sure they're listening.

I want to echo your thoughts on art. As neat as the Arrow "place under your Hero" mechanic is, the main deck cards and Super-Villains (being stills) do clash with main deck cards with comic art.

I think the good argument to be made - as made here on this thread - is for Cryptozoic to make something for fans of the shows, as long as they've got the license. A box with the characters from the four shows on the front of it can be picked up by fans of one or more of those shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Lantern
msg tools
And constantine! Forgot about it. I think that the photos over comic art not mixing is really true. It's a weird thing to pick at but I am 100% the same. Which annoys me cause the mechanic is actually a really good one. I'd want the big box to be like the arrow expansion but bigger basically.

For the characters I wouldn't want to double up (cause of my OCD )
Firestorm (hell yes my favourite character from the show and vastly becoming comics too)
The Atom
Captain Cold
Heat Wave
Speedy
Constantine
Hawkman
Hawkgirl

Villains
Vandal Savage
Damian Dark
Reverse Flash
Zoom
Captain Boomerang
Felicia Faust
Ras al ghul
Danny Brickwell

Promo: Rip Hunter

I'd be so happy with this because the shows are so interesting and even at their boring parts I still watch them closely. The Cw really is behind these shows and the creators and actors. I hope they give the license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riftrider wrote:
Does anyone else hope they do a Large expansion of DCDB of Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl? or at least little ones?

Given how little we know about The Rogues crossover, it's possible that it's a TV-Flash expansion.

LanternBart wrote:
For the characters I wouldn't want to double up (cause of my OCD )

As much as I am against duplicates, I really couldn't see them doing a TV-Base set and NOT including the main characters (at least not for the first one).
Another Crossover without mains maybe, but not a base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Lantern
msg tools
They released the art for the Rogues and it is the comic style not live action.

You are right about not including the mains it was just hopeful thinking haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LanternBart wrote:
They released the art for the Rogues and it is the comic style not live action.

Do you have a link? All I've ever seen is the (admittedly) mock-up for the box, Which on its own doesn't prove anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Cincotta-Pipe
Australia
flag msg tools
yeah its just the box picture. But the fact its called the Rogues and with the box art Id say its the Rogues and not Flash Tv Show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riftrider wrote:
yeah its just the box picture. But the fact its called the Rogues and with the box art Id say its the Rogues and not Flash Tv Show.

My point is that the box pic says something like "not final art", and it would be a lot easier for them to find a "group villain shot" from the comics and quick slap it up there, than it would be to find (or photoshop) a group shot from the show.

Yeah, it will probably be comic-art, but there's a chance it won't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the bottom line is always The Bottom Line.... if the Arrow Crossover pack sold well enough for Cryptozoic to feel there is a market for a big box DCCW/Arrowverse/whatever you want to call it set, then there will probably be one. I would think that they would wait until at least this season of TV is over as that will give more depth on the bench for Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.