6 Posts

Pax Romana» Forums » Variants

Subject: Further Historical scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tryfonidis
Greece
flag msg tools
Are there any scenarios that focus on the roman civil war period?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm aware of. There are a few Late-Republic scenarios, such as Upheavals of the Late Republic, 146-50 BC and Spartacus and the Foes of Rome, 88-55 BC. It probably wouldn't be that difficult to come-up with one, however you would need to find a way to differentiate between Caesarean and Pompeian units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this little gem...

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6202/rise-roman-republic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you mean Imperium Romanum II

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Grattan
Australia
Penshurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmb
kubaman wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. There are a few Late-Republic scenarios, such as Upheavals of the Late Republic, 146-50 BC and Spartacus and the Foes of Rome, 88-55 BC. It probably wouldn't be that difficult to come-up with one, however you would need to find a way to differentiate between Caesarean and Pompeian units.

As you can see Spartacus and the Foes of Rome does involve Sulla (Optimates: Rome counters) v Marius (Populares: Carthage counters, with HI as Legions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Willcockson
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see a solitaire version of this game from the time of Augustus onward. Expansion of the empire and then holding off the various barbarian invasions, sort of the same territory covered by Fall of Rome from S&T. Seems like the board could accomodate it with some more counters & revised rules. Perhaps something for a future C3i?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.