Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Barnes&Noble Friends and Family 20% off in-store coupon thru 10/10/16 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received email from B&N with a 20% off in-store coupon. "Share with friends and family."

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=3ef00&...

Interesting timing assuming the red-dot sale does go to 75% off on the 10th as predicted.

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting.

It's interesting that first it gives dates when it's valid for BN.com (different from in-store dates) and then says "not valid online at BN.com" Someone's confused somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool username wrote:
Thanks for posting.

It's interesting that first it gives dates when it's valid for BN.com (different from in-store dates) and then says "not valid online at BN.com" Someone's confused somewhere.

I hadn't read all of the fine print, but I agree there's an inconsistency there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure next week is teacher's appreciation week (or whatever they call it), which has another significant discount attached to it (I think 25%). With all these discounts, I'm pretty sure they'll end up paying us to take their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Z
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ted! Monday is looking like a good day for board game shopping. Here's to hoping all discounts can apply at once...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
zSquared wrote:
Thanks, Ted! Monday is looking like a good day for board game shopping. Here's to hoping all discounts can apply at once...

This is in the fine print for the 20% coupon:
(vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount.

I'm a teacher and would love if they could be combined but alas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lettner
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thanks! I saw Splendor for $40 but had a 35% off for members sticker so hopefully this 20% can go on top of that so I can get it for $20.80.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Bear wrote:
zSquared wrote:

(vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount.

Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand, but I think the educator program discount and the teacher appreciation week are different. I may be wrong, but I think the former is ongoing for job-related items, and the latter is time-limited for anything (probably some restrictions, like legos, etc.). I'm going to play stupid and try to use all of them. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
philwickline wrote:
I'm pretty sure next week is teacher's appreciation week (or whatever they call it), which has another significant discount attached to it (I think 25%).
I don't see any relevant National Day/Weeks for next week. (The Teacher Appreciation Week is in May.) There is a Columbus Day Weekend sale, though. Details are to be announced tomorrow (Friday).

Regardless, these "Take an extra __% off on one item!" coupons do stack on other discounts, clearance prices and sale prices, such as the standard member discount of 10% on games. Of course the 20% savings is applied to the price after any other discounts or reductions, not to the original price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Z
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philwickline wrote:
Board Game Bear wrote:
zSquared wrote:

Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand, but I think the educator program discount and the teacher appreciation week are different. I may be wrong, but I think the former is ongoing for job-related items, and the latter is time-limited for anything (probably some restrictions, like legos, etc.). I'm going to play stupid and try to use all of them. whistle

Oh of course, always play stupid You miss 100% of the coupons you don't try and use....I'll see myself out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zSquared wrote:
philwickline wrote:
Board Game Bear wrote:
zSquared wrote:

Oh of course, always play stupid You miss 100% of the coupons you don't try and use....I'll see myself out...

Of course, my wife might tell you that I'm not playing stupid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkhamnative wrote:
philwickline wrote:
I'm pretty sure next week is teacher's appreciation week (or whatever they call it), which has another significant discount attached to it (I think 25%).
I don't see any relevant National Day/Weeks for next week. (The Teacher Appreciation Week is in May.) There is a Columbus Day Weekend sale, though. Details are to be announced tomorrow (Friday).

Regardless, these "Take an extra __% off on one item!" coupons do stack on other discounts, clearance prices and sale prices, such as the standard member discount of 10% on games. Of course the 20% savings is applied to the price after any other discounts or reductions, not to the original price.

I'm scratching my head on this one too. I was in my local store last Saturday, and I feel pretty certain that I saw a sign that said teacher appreciation week started on Sat, October 8th, and that it was a 25% discount. When I've searched online to double-check, however, I can't find it anywhere. Not even on the events page for my local store. Maybe I'll have to stop by on my way home from work today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin purdue
msg tools
mb
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere else but went to a store here in Indiana and found seafall today. Picked up a copy and with this coupon feel I got it for a decent price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Goots
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
lettner wrote:
Thanks! I saw Splendor for $40 but had a 35% off for members sticker so hopefully this 20% can go on top of that so I can get it for $20.80.

The 20% coupon did stack with the 25% sticker and the 10% member discount for me today. Thanks!

I saw the following games with stickers on them too:

25% Off
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Dead of Winter
Pandemic
Splendor
Ticket to Ride

30% Off
7 Wonders
Carcassonne
Machi Koro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board as Chit wrote:
lettner wrote:

The 20% coupon did stack with the 25% sticker and the 10% member discount for me today. Thanks!

25% Off
Dead of Winter
Ticket to Ride
Splendor

30% Off
7 Wonders
Carcassonne
Machi Koro

Is this instore only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not valid on toys and games.

EDIT: whoops, only Lego. My bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Green
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:
Not valid on toys and games.

Not valid on LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Very oddly, if you click through the exclusions link, there is one pertinent group for the audience here...for one reason or another, Catan and expansions are excluded.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/h/terms-and-conditions/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Goots
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
Board as Chit wrote:
lettner wrote:

25% Off
Dead of Winter
Ticket to Ride
Splendor

30% Off
7 Wonders
Carcassonne
Machi Koro

Is this instore only?

It appears to be in-store only. I spot checked a few of the games online and there's no indication of a discount for any of them.

Also, apparently it's based on the honor system in redeeming the coupon "once per visit", as I also used it to purchase Fury of Dracula and Sushi Go Party on separate transactions, in the same store, using my membership discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an ad banner on BN.com saying use the coupon code BNFRIEND for 20% off. I have Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle in the cart for $39.96 with free shipping currently. Probably gonna pull that trigger for a Christmas present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
philwickline wrote:
arkhamnative wrote:
I don't see any relevant National Day/Weeks for next week. (The Teacher Appreciation Week is in May.) There is a Columbus Day Weekend sale, though. Details are to be announced tomorrow (Friday)

I'm scratching my head on this one too. I was in my local store last Saturday, and I feel pretty certain that I saw a sign that said teacher appreciation week started on Sat, October 8th, and that it was a 25% discount. When I've searched online to double-check, however, I can't find it anywhere. Not even on the events page for my local store. Maybe I'll have to stop by on my way home from work today...

I just checked and I see that it is a B&N thing, not a "national day/week of" thing. Oct 8-16 is Educator Appreciation Days, "Pre-K to Grade 12", with a special event scheduled on Thursday October 13 in my area.

Unrelated 1: I also see a Tabletop Gaming Meetup scheduled for Saturday October 15 in my area.

Unrelated 2: B&N just emailed details of their Columbus Day Weekend sale. Part of it is "select games and puzzles 30% off", plus online-only: 30% off any one toy or game (*some exclusions of course).

Edit: Link to sale details added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rouleau
United States
Pennsauken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkhamnative wrote:

Unrelated 2: B&N just emailed details of their Columbus Day Weekend sale. Part of it is "select games and puzzles 30% off", plus online-only: 30% off any one toy or game (*some exclusions of course).

Does anyone have a list of these games which are 30% off? I've looked, and unless I'm blind I can't figure it out unless I go game by game and do the pick up in store thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fernandez
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drtaco wrote:
arkhamnative wrote:

Does anyone have a list of these games which are 30% off? I've looked, and unless I'm blind I can't figure it out unless I go game by game and do the pick up in store thing.

From what I have gathered (and this is just my assumption), I don't think we will know what games are 30% off (in-store) until tomorrow, when The Columbus Day sale starts.

I am unsure as to whether or not the games currently marked with the 25% and 30% off stickers in store are the ones being referred to in the Columbus Day Weekend Sale. Guess we will just have to wait and see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Used this today. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Upton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celicarasr wrote:

From what I have gathered (and this is just my assumption), I don't think we will know what games are 30% off (in-store) until tomorrow, when The Columbus Day sale starts.

I am unsure as to whether or not the games currently marked with the 25% and 30% off stickers in store are the ones being referred to in the Columbus Day Weekend Sale. Guess we will just have to wait and see?

When I visited, the sale was for the stickered games, exactly as assumed. I also had no problems combining the 25% discount, 10% member discount, and 20% off coupon. Actually, my cashier was very excited to see the game played so well! I walked out with Betrayal at House on the Hill for under $30, just in time for Halloween.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.