Paul Newsham
England
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This tower was made (too hastily!) using hardboard (not the best material for this really), dowelling (a cop out as I'm no good at capentry), and lastly garden wire (even more of a cop out for the same aforementioned reason).

This is intended as a very rough outline of what I did to give ideas - I haven't given all the detail as I would not recommend following exactly my approach - I've seen much better... Instead I hope it gives you ideas, and mostly proves that anyone can make a dice tower.

I first cut out four same sized rectangles of hardboard to form the sides of the tower.

Then I cut 'halving joints' (apparantly...) in the same manner as the dice tower from El Grande so that the four sides could be fitted together.

Then I cut four baffles (one to go in each compass direction to really mix the dice up). These were as wide as the inside of the tower, and angled for the dice to bounce down.

Then I drilled holes through the sides of the tower so that I could thread some short pieces of dowel through - these acted as the supports for the baffels. However, with just these support the baffles would slide off, so I needed a way to hold them in place. For that I drilled some very small holes at the top of the baffles - two holes in each baffle - that's one in each top corner. Through these holes I threaded a short piece of garden wire which could then be used to hook the baffle over the top dowel. In the picture you can see where the dowels poke through the walls of the tower still.

Lastly I cut out a 'door' for the dice to emerge from, and some crenellations around the top for decoration, and painted it a stone colour - I was so proud!

Go on then... what are you waiting for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a die fortress!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.