Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion is supposed to be releases at Essen 2016 which starts 1 week from now.

Is there any more precise information of the box content? How many new-style rides are there? How is the fifth player accomodated with old-style rides? How full is it going to be.

At 30€ MSRP, I feel that there should be more information available to make an informed decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will's Mama
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Horrible Games website has the rulebook available for download. According to it, the box contains:

6 Park Director Tiles
20 stands (4 of each of the 5 new types)
54 Banknotes (in 2 denominations)
5 Espionage dice
7 Stingy (grey) visitor meeples
6 Ride Extensions (3 sizes for each of 2 colors)
And components for a 5th player (starting ground tile, pig board, 6 dice, and a turn order token)

The two new ride colors are actually "wild" so they don't make their own ride but you can add them to any color ride you're already building. They do have one-time penalties associated when you fill them up though--the gold ride costs 2 denari per space and the rusty one makes you take on additional dirt.

The only changes I see to accommodate a fifth player is that the game lasts 5 rounds, not 6. The new Turn Order token is put in the fourth place and it looks like you gain one dirt.

The other components work independently and you can add the ones you like.

The Park Directors--you choose one randomly at the beginning of the game and all players use its powers (they've been introduced on Horrible Games Facebook page)

Espionage Dice-Each player gets 1 black die with the same icons as the white ones. I you wand to use the power of the die you have to pay for it, but the cost goes down if your neighbor has dice with the same icon.

Stingy visitors: These grey meeples are wild cards and can stay on any color ride the catch is they only pay 2 danari instead of 3. (These are also included in the Robots expansion)

New Stands:

The Fountain-Pay to clean dirt
Hall of Mirrors-place near another stand to copy its ability
Office-Lets you hold and play more bonus cards
Shooting Gallery-Reroll dice during the action phase for money
Incinerator-Gain money for dirt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, this is all the information I wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game content language-independent? Looks like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will's Mama
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Is the game content language-independent? Looks like it.

None of the components have words on them (other than Latin phrases on the player order token and the money). They use icons, if anything, to remind you what they do. As long as you can find the rules in your language you should be okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WillsMominMO wrote:

The two new ride colors are actually "wild" so they don't make their own ride but you can add them to any color ride you're already building. They do have one-time penalties associated when you fill them up though--the gold ride costs 2 denari per space and the rusty one makes you take on additional dirt.

"when you fill them up with the same color"

WillsMominMO wrote:

The only changes I see to accommodate a fifth player is that the game lasts 5 rounds, not 6.

The dice for the 5th player are white, while my original copy (PL) had more "wooden" tone for them. Not that it matters, but still, they're not the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.