Subject: Hulk "Gamma Powered" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If Hulk is attacking and the blocker inflicts him enough damage to KO Hulk, I'd say Hulk goes to KO/Prep area... but text on the card seems to imply that he should return to field:
Quote:
If Hulks attacks and damages you opponent while at level 2 or 3, return him to the field at level 1

So please confirm whether the following statements are correct or not (I guess 1 and 2 are right, but I'm not sure about 3):
1) An unblocked level 2 Hulk damages opponent --> Hulk returns to Field at level 1.
2) A level 2 Hulk blocked (by a Sidekick) overcrushes his blocker and damages opponent --> Hulk returns to Field at level 1.
3) A level 3 Hulk blocked by a 10A/2D character. Hulk overcrushes his blocker and deals damage to opponent but his blocker KO him. What happens with Hulk?. Card text seems to imply that since he attacked and dealt damage to rival he would return to the field at level 1... But common sense tell me to KO him, and not returning him to field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Johnson
United States
Midvale
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed it's a very poorly worded card.

I understand it as having an implied "damages your opponent...AND LEAVES THE FIELD, then return him...blah blah." If that is the case, then the important part is that it doesn't specify HOW Hulk is leaving the field. How that applies to the situations you've described:

1) agreed, would play out just as you've stated.
2) disagree, the attack zone is explicitly defined in the rule rule as an extension of the field zone. Therefor, if Hulk attacks and is blocked but not knocked out, then he never left the field zone and would not spin down to level 1.
3) As implied by my above interpretation, when Hulk is knocked out would then leave the field zone. But, because he damaged your opponent with overcrush, as per the ability on the card, he would return to the field zone at level 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Benjamin!

brotherben15 wrote:

2) disagree, the attack zone is explicitly defined in the rule rule as an extension of the field zone. Therefor, if Hulk attacks and is blocked but not knocked out, then he never left the field zone and would not spin down to level 1.

Hmmm I see your point.
Although Attack Zone is part of The Field, the "return" part I understood that referred to "leave attack zone (red area, see below) and go back to the non-attack-part-of-the-field zone (green)".

I mean, when you attack, you move your attacking dice from Field zone (green) to Attack Zone (red). Blocked and non-KO'ed attacking dice return from the red area to the green area.

By the way, I've just found a related thread at "the reserve pool":
http://www.thereservepool.com/threads/4144-Hulk-Gamma-Powere...
The discussion is taken far beyond because there's an interaction with Gamora's ability, but leaving that interaction apart, I understand from that thread that the answers to my 3 questions would be that Hulk goes back to field, even if KO'ed, at level 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.