Friedrich» Forums » News

Subject: FWC 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mac
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi everyone

Thanks to Richard for another great tournament and to all my opponents for fun games (I'll remember our game for a long time Alex!).

I had to leave lunchtime Sunday, so would appreciate it if someone could post a brief summary of the top 4 qualifying positions, their final roles and what happened in the final.

Hard luck to my mate Andrew for occupying the dreaded 5th position.

Looking forward to Madrid in June Jose!

John McCullough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hoefer
Germany
Hambuehren
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John

Peter Hannappel finished in first position closely followed by José and me. Christian Blattner took fourth place.

Peter chose Austria, José Prussia, I took France and Christian was the tsarina.

The most unlikely outcome turned to reality. I won the final! Christian was one point away from victory when Elisabeth died at the end of round 12. Peter went for a Hildi victory and played a brilliant game. The road to French success was a big Austrian-Prussian fight where José fought to his last hearts and reserves.

So, if no one wins, France wins!

I believe that Guy will shortly post his more than exhaustive report so you should get a better idea of the final.

Hope to see you again soon!

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mac
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Martin and many congratulations Champ!! Trust you have been front page news in the local Celle Zeitung!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hoefer
Germany
Hambuehren
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2624johnm wrote:
Thanks Martin and many congratulations Champ!!

Thank you! I'm still overwhelmed!

2624johnm wrote:
Trust you have been front page news in the local Celle Zeitung!

I'm working on it... I'll let you know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.