Skull Tales» Forums » General

Subject: How do you combat Bottlenecking? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've done 5 adventures of Skull Tales so far with 2 others (I control 2 characters, they have one each)

4 Quest and 1 shipwreck one.

However, I'm finding that it's getting a little frustrating because the two characters I have (The Avenger and The Lookout) only have 6 action points, and tend to be left behind in the adventures, mainly due to bottlenecking.

I refer to when there's an objective and you cannot get to it, because the other players characters are in the way. There is the shove option, but once you've moved to where the characters are and performed a shove, you're out of action points.

Anyone else found this, or know a way to avoid this kind of shenannigans. It's not really an issue when you're exploring an island, more when it's confined town locations with only one entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
Have you tried not to stay close to your group, but explore the island or town on your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The issue came up in the 4th adventure.

You have to get to specific entrances/exits through the town then the cave.

Which means you've got a few people in front who are doing all the combat and due to the size of the rooms, you're unable to get your people in there, and by the time it's all over, they've moved through the entrance to the next place, meaning that once again you're trailing behind.

On the other maps, where you have to explore to find a particular tile, it's never really been an issue, but this quest especially has been frustrating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.