Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Establish Trade Relations question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Digger Utrecht
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb

This one allows a rebel leader to gain +1 loyalty and put units on the build queue using this system's icons and number.

But if it is now a rebel system and you go to the refresh phase, do you get to place units on the build queue again? effectively gaining 2 mon calamari cruisers through one move on mon calamari

As a newby to this game this mission seems to be rather powerfull, or maybe some text is missing like "even if the system is subjugated or neutral". What am i missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Rotthier
Belgium
Hemiksem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The build phase only occurs every two rounds, but if the build phase comes up and it is now a rebel system, then Yes, you would build 2 Mon Cal's.

The loyalty +1 would only make it a rebel system if it wasn't loyal to the empire before. It would then become neutral.
If the system is subjugated, it would become loyal to the rebels, but still count as an imperial system: no build phase benefit and no Deployment of rebel troops.
If during build phase there is imperial presence in the system: no build phase benefit and no Deployment of rebel troops.

As Imperial it is counterable. It is a good card though, and it can be opposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a decent card, and probably best played on the round right before a build phase, so that the Rebel can be more sure to reap the benefits of it, like with the Mon Cal as you described.

To clarify, the way loyalty works is that it's +1 loyalty to move a planet to or from neutral. So, +1 Rebel loyalty on an Imperial system would not make it loyal, it would make it neutral. Then, an other Rebel +1 loyalty, once it's neutral, would allow it to be Rebel loyal.

So this card certainly doesn't guarantee two cruisers, particularly if the planet is Imperial loyal. Also, as Joeri said, you're not likely to get a second one if it's subjugated, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, one thing to point out. While cruisers are definitely good - the Rebel only gets 3 of them, max. It's a good card, but the Rebellion will never have the forces to face the Empire toe-to-toe in all out war, even if they do have all 3 cruisers in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digger Utrecht
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah great thanks guys for clearing it up. Going to test it out in the weekend. See if we can blast some of those rebels out of the skies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Also, one thing to point out. While cruisers are definitely good - the Rebel only gets 3 of them, max. It's a good card, but the Rebellion will never have the forces to face the Empire toe-to-toe in all out war, even if they do have all 3 cruisers in play.

That is true, but remember that the Rebellion can typically afford a more concentrated force than the Empire. A couple cruisers, corvettes, and fighters can make a really mean resistance in a corner of the map near the base late in the game. I've had a similar situation before where I'd send my large fleet against the Empire, hit their troop carriers (assault carriers, DS, and SD) and leave their troops pitifully stranded on planets outside my base while I retreated to lick my wounds. It was actually a pretty effective strategy, and really slowed down the Empire's advance. Pretty sure I won that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Yeah, I agree. If I can get all (or even 2) Cruisers on the build queue on turn 1, I generally prepare for taking down the Death Star and building up for a base defense (rather than leaving the base light because I might hop anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Also, one thing to point out. While cruisers are definitely good - the Rebel only gets 3 of them, max.

This. I'll often use this card on systems like Orb Mantel or Cato Nemoido as they provide more long term benefit. Though if you don't have a Blue Square system it's certainly worth going for such a system (preferably on a build turn) But if you only have two Calamari Cruisers left in your supply and you already have a Blue Square system then it might be more cost effective to go for a different system. Unless you plan on losing a bunch of Calamari Cruisers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.