13 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reputation tiles when there is no Battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mountainking the II.
Germany
flag msg tools
Didn't found an answer in the forum, do I get a reputation tile if I move my ship into a hex where an opponent player only has an influence discs (and no population cubes). Does this count as a battle?

Thanks!
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mountainking wrote:
Didn't found an answer in the forum, do I get a reputation tile if I move my ship into a hex where an opponent player only has an influence discs (and no population cubes). Does this count as a battle?

Thanks!
Ben

No. Battles with VP tokens only happen when there are ships from two players there . Edit: Or from at least one player and Ancients or the GCDS.

Bombarding the local population cubes still happens though, regardless of whether a battle happens.

Since it is a very common mistake also note that if there are multiple parties in a hex, you only draw battle VP ONCE after all battles in the hex have been resolved based on everything destroyed throughout the engagements in that hex. Not after each individual two player engagement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
You draw reputation tiles at the end of any battle. If no battle happens (as in encounter opposing ships, bombing civilized planets does not count), you do not get reputation for that. So, no.

Hm. Ninja'd by not a ninja.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mountainking the II.
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you want to earn reputation for casual genocide, but that's not how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Pfefferle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I guess it would - just not the kind of "reputation" that you need to win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
mountainking wrote:

Thanks!
Ben

No. Battles with VP tokens only happen when there are ships from two players there.

Bombarding the local population cubes still happens though, regardless of whether a battle happens.

Since it is a very common mistake also note that if there are multiple parties in a hex, you only draw battle VP ONCE after all battles in the hex have been resolved based on everything destroyed throughout the engagements in that hex. Not after each individual two player engagement.

VP chits are also drawn with battles involving 1 player and ancients are they not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingarthur1976 wrote:
chrisdk wrote:
mountainking wrote:

Thanks!
Ben

No. Battles with VP tokens only happen when there are ships from two players there.

VP chits are also drawn with battles involving 1 player and ancients are they not?

As Radziol said, yes they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GCDS also. That's all obvious after looking at the list of reputation tiles drawn for each type of ships destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
GCDS also. That's all obvious after looking at the list of reputation tiles drawn for each type of ships destroyed.

Which is what I thought but
chrisdk wrote:
Battles with VP tokens only happen when there are ships from two players there

was worded pretty definitive and made me question my own interpretation. Not like I've gotten a million other rules wrong or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingarthur1976 wrote:
Radziol wrote:

chrisdk wrote:

was worded pretty definitive and made me question my own interpretation. Not like I've gotten a million other rules wrong or anything.

Good point. I went ahead and clarified it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
kingarthur1976 wrote:
Radziol wrote:

chrisdk wrote:

Good point. I went ahead and clarified it.

Oh great! Thanks Chris. Just played this for the first time in about 3-4 years over new years and even though I'd played a dozen times previously, some things are a little fuzzy (and may have been misplayed by me years ago to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.