Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: M.U.L.E. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of getting my wife M.U.L.E. for Christmas. When we were dating I had it and she loved it beyond words. I was thinking it would be a fun present to give her for Christmas.

I have two questions. First was it just on Nintendo or was it also on Super Nintendo? I swear I owned a SNES when we were dating but I can only find the game on the regular Nintendo. Secondly is there anything I need to know or look for when buying an old Nintendo and hooking it up to a modern HDTV? Are there new retro versions of the console for sale these days?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it in your browser if that's an option.

https://archive.org/details/a8b_M.U.L.E._1983_Electronic_Art...

3 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
M.U.L.E. for reference
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Thinking of getting my wife M.U.L.E. for Christmas. When we were dating I had it and she loved it beyond words. I was thinking it would be a fun present to give her for Christmas.

I have two questions. First was it just on Nintendo or was it also on Super Nintendo? I swear I owned a SNES when we were dating but I can only find the game on the regular Nintendo. Secondly is there anything I need to know or look for when buying an old Nintendo and hooking it up to a modern HDTV? Are there new retro versions of the console for sale these days?


The only issue I've seen with NES and modern TVs is games that use the gun (eg Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley). It doesn't work on non-tube TVs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
M.U.L.E. was also out for the c64 computer (which was how I used to play it)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it on my old Atari 8-bit... And I now have it on my iPad.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If just looking for a 'retro gaming system', this one looks to be the thing to get this Christmas.

Note that all the games are pre-loaded on it, though, and I don't specifically see M.U.L.E. listed. ?Maybe there is a way to add games to it? Not sure...

(Does seem a more reliable way of playing those older games than hoping the cartridge still works...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
M.U.L.E. was on the NES? I remember my friend having it for his Atari 800.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's against forum rules, but I'd like to point out that M.U.L.E. The Board Game came out last year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
If just looking for a 'retro gaming system', this one looks to be the thing to get this Christmas.

Note that all the games are pre-loaded on it, though, and I don't specifically see M.U.L.E. listed. ?Maybe there is a way to add games to it? Not sure...

(Does seem a more reliable way of playing those older games than hoping the cartridge still works...)


You can't play any cartridges on this version unfortunately.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARCUS GABRIEL
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Five cents, please," his front door said when he tried to open it. The toll door had an innate stubborness to it... UBIK
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Atari 800 all the way! Nothing like trying to catch the wumpus with the 'ol "stick of joy"!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
Avatar
mbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
You can play it in your browser if that's an option.

https://archive.org/details/a8b_M.U.L.E._1983_Electronic_Art...



Holy Cow! I didn't know this existed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a modern M.U.L.E. Returns app available for both Android and iOS devices. It's pretty darn good, too.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
There is a modern M.U.L.E. Returns app available for both Android and iOS devices. It's pretty darn good, too.



Did they ever add multiplayer? I was pretty disappointed when I reviewed it, because it was a legendary milestone in same-device multiplayer which was updated to … not include that feature.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Bearcat89 wrote:
There is a modern M.U.L.E. Returns app available for both Android and iOS devices. It's pretty darn good, too.



Did they ever add multiplayer? I was pretty disappointed when I reviewed it, because it was a legendary milestone in same-device multiplayer which was updated to … not include that feature.

Unfortunately, it still lacks multiplayer capability.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You all need this: mb

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.