Subject: Decks with 2 core sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mechanic
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played a few games with my friend's single core box and we've had lots of fun.

I'm thinking of buying my own core box and then swapping cards so we each have at least a couple of decent viable decks. E.g. one of us will have Jedi and Navy decks, the other will have Sith and Alliance decks.

Is this possible? If so, what would be the best way to do it? Split boxes completely (so all Jedi and Navy cards go to 1 person & vice versa), or mix and match a bit more for specific deck combos?

Aim here is so we both have some decent deck options if we're playing with others (or if one of us leaves their box at home).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if you're both okay with it, that works. If you ever want to finish out your collections, and get a second core, it could take some juggling to make sure everyone has the cards they should, but, there's nothing wrong with that idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem is that the really strong decks splash off faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kosit Phanthanusorn
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it works, and as you play more, you can get more stuff. It's especially fun if you have someone developing along with you as a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely recommend getting two core sets, but just keep them together and play with them together. I see little point in splitting the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you'll find is, while there's nothing wrong with your plan, a lot of us have had bad experiences with splitting sets, then falling out with the other player over something unrelated, and being left with half a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mechanic
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
First "real" game last night using 2 core sets. First game, played open hands and used the handy rules summary in the BGG files section, to make sure we actually used every rule properly (not a fan of the SWLCG rulebook, emphasis on style over usability). Second game, same decks, but played properly.

Wow. Completely different game. I can totally see how people get hooked now...

(Jedi vs Sith, my Jedi won 1st game thanks largely to lightsabre enhanced Luke destroying 2 objectives in 1 turn using Trust Your Instincts. Sith smashed me 2nd game, largely thanks to putting Vadar and lightsabre out in turn 1, Palpatine in turn 2. I was never able to come back from that, despite a late rally from Luke)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.