Subject: Registration for Arizona Game Fair is open rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
Registration is open for the Arizona Game Fair.

You can register at ArizonaGameFair.com or Eventbrite.

Arizona Game Fair
Jan 21 & 22
Mesa Convention Center

Weekend badge $30
Sidekick badge (Age 12 and under) $10

Saturday 8am - 11pm
Sunday 8am - 5pm

Vendor hall, industry guests, prizes, food concessions, open gaming, large library of games, RPG room with scheduled games. Free parking.

Registration is capped at 300. No badge transfers, but refunds will be given until the day of the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve-O simm
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the first year for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
Sorry for the delay getting back to you...I was out-of-town. Yes. This is the first year. Hoping to make it a yearly thing. Are you interested in coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the hotel situation like? Can't seem to find that info on your site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slestak wrote:
What is the hotel situation like? Can't seem to find that info on your site.

There are a few hotels close. I dont think Andrew has any special rates for the con. Being not picky I shopped on Hotels.com and found a cheap place to lay my head before heading back to game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fine. I figured a con this size probably wouldn't have special rates. Just curious about stuff nearby. Still on the fence about attending, but I'd be driving from ABQ so I'm not too familiar with the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several in the area just look for downtown Mesa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcall wrote:
There are several in the area just look for downtown Mesa

You could literally walk to the con from this hotel:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/phxmm-phoenix-mar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alot of hotels are within 10 mins of the convention center.

What games are going to be played there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
As this is our first year, we figured the Fair would be mostly local. We avoided negotiating hotel rooms as we were unsure of how many would be used. Also, the Convention Center is separate from the nearby hotels, so we don't get any kind of benefit from booking hotel rooms.

This should change in the coming years as we understand more about what everyone wants from the convention.

There are some close by hotels. I will work on a list for the site.

The key thing to remember is that January is our peak tourist season...so hotels will be a bit more expensive than say in July. But...seriously...it's January. If the weather is nice..we may have a patio set up to game outside.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything. I know quite a bit about the area and can answer most questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
DomerHoo wrote:
Alot of hotels are within 10 mins of the convention center.

What games are going to be played there?

We will have two rooms.

The large main gaming area will be open gaming. We have secured a 500+ board and card games for the library. Should have an early list in the coming weeks. It is a mix of current and vintage games. Since it's open gaming, you are also welcome to bring and play your own games.

The RPG room is smaller. We will be running about 8 tables. We are now accepting submission for GMs and should have the list out by December.

RPG GM submissions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going forward, is your goal to stay in the mesa area or some where more central in the valley?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just adding my 2 cents about hotels, I'm coming up from Tucson and decided on the Mesa Mezona for Saturday night. I stayed at the Marriot for MaricopaCon a few years ago and it's very nice, but it costs about twice as much and you still need to drive to the con (you could walk, but probably won't if you're lugging games around). The MM is still very close, offers a free breakfast, and had decent reviews. If you're sharing a room, it also offers 2 queen beds instead of 2 doubles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
Hagaf22 wrote:
Going forward, is your goal to stay in the mesa area or some where more central in the valley?

We scouted many locations for this first year....so we really didn't have a 'goal' to be in Mesa.

I would have preferred a more central location, but the options were limited for what we wanted to do. Events are booked almost a year in advance for hotel and convention space during the peak season. I didn't expect that.

We should be in a better position to reserve space going into next year. So, the location in the future will be determined by what fits best for the convention, rather than what is available.

That said, I think the Mesa location this year will work fine to get this thing going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longcreative wrote:
Hagaf22 wrote:

We scouted many locations for this first year....so we really didn't have a 'goal' to be in Mesa.

I would have preferred a more central location, but the options were limited for what we wanted to do. Events are booked almost a year in advance for hotel and convention space during the peak season. I didn't expect that.

We should be in a better position to reserve space going into next year. So, the location in the future will be determined by what fits best for the convention, rather than what is available.

That said, I think the Mesa location this year will work fine to get this thing going.

Thanks Andrew! I look forward to a local weekend of open gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
The Arizona Game Fair is this weekend. Badges can still be purchased online. $30 for the weekend, $15 day pass, $10 sidekick. We will also be selling badges at the door. They will be $40 weekend, $20 day pass, $10 sidekick.

More info at http://arizonagamefair.com

Here's the FAQ

What is the Arizona Game Fair?

The Arizona Game Fair is a 2-Day tabletop gaming convention. With over 6000 square feet of tabletop gaming, the Fair also provides vendors, scheduled events and game industry guests. A large library of board and card games will be available to check out.

When is the Fair?

The Arizona Game Fair will be held January 21 & January 22, 2017. The dates for 2018 will be announced soon. Signup to the newsletter to get all the details.

How do I get in?

You will need a Badge to attend the event. They can be purchased in advance on this website or the day of the event. Badges will be available for pick-up at the Registration table once you arrive.

How much does it cost?

Online until Friday, Jan. 20.
Weekend $30
Day badges $15
Sidekick (under 12) $10

At the show
Weekend $40
Day badges $20
Sidekick (under 12) $10

What are the Fair hours?

Saturday
8:00 AM – 11:00 PM

Sunday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Where is it held?

The Arizona Game Fair is held at the Mesa Convention Center – Building A. The address is: 263 N. Center Street, Mesa AZ 85201

Is parking available?

Yes, there is FREE parking at the Mesa Convention Center

Are there special guests?

Yes. The Fair will have multiple industry guests. Visit the ArizonaGameFair.com/guests to see which guests are in attendance.

Will there be food?

Unfortunately, no outside food or drinks are allowed inside the Mesa Convention Center. A concession stand will be available for lunch on Saturday and possibly Sunday. There are also vending machines containing water, sodas and candy. If you’d like to take a break and venture out, a list of surrounding restaurants has been compiled.

Are there scheduled events?

Yes, the Fair will offer RPG, Board game, Card game and Miniature scheduled events. Sign-up for all games will be available at the event: RPG in the RPG room and everything else near the Registration booth. Visit ArizonaGameFair.com/events for a schedule of events.

Will games be available to play?

Yes. The Fair will feature a large library of 500+ games that can be checked out and played during the convention. Visit the ArizonaGameFair.com/library for a full list of games and library hours.

How will I check out games?

You will use your badge and an ID to checkout a game from the library.

Can we bring our own games?

Yes. Any games you’d like to share are welcome. Attendees are responsible for their own games.

Will games be available for purchase?

Yes. We will have a vendor hall of retailer and publisher booths.

Can I run a game?

Yes, but unfortunately, game submissions are closed for this year’s scheduled gaming, but there is always next year! But, we do have lots of opent tables and we will have signs to help you locate players.

How can I connect with other gamers?

There is currently a thread on Boardgamegeek.com where other players are coordinating particular games to be played at the Fair. These are separate from our scheduled events and will be played in the open gaming area.

Are children welcome?

Yes. We believe gaming is a family affair. All we ask is that children under the age of 18 are under parent supervision at all times to ensure a comfortable gaming experience for all. Game masters will be able to provide a rating for the games to provide guidance for parents.

More questions?

Send us a question. We will do our best to answer it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome summary and FAQ - thanks, Andrew.

Just FYI - it looks like you have the price correct at the top of your post but not down in the FAQ section:

How much does it cost?

Online until Friday, Jan. 20.
Weekend $30
Day badges $15
Sidekick (under 12) $10

At the show
Weekend $30 [should be $40]
Day badges $15 [should be $20]
Sidekick (under 12) $10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the convention center going to kick us out at 11 and 5 respectively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
MikeTuna wrote:
Just FYI - it looks like you have the price correct at the top of your post but not down in the FAQ section:

Nice catch. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Long

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
designer
Hagaf22 wrote:
Is the convention center going to kick us out at 11 and 5 respectively?

The Fair will close at those times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.