Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I think I got this right, but I wanted to make sure: you cannot use the money you earn by moving a passenger to an L building, and then use that same money to buy HP in the same action, right?

In the example on page 9, you are getting paid after you use the bonus of the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broch
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's how I interpreted it. The rules were quite specific about the order of benefits when transporting passengers:
1) earn points
2) get bonus of building
3) pay owners of track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad all of you European geeks get to play this for a few months before my copy arrives so I can sift through all of the rules questions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's poetic justice for all those P500 orders that we Europeans get to wait for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
It's poetic justice for all those P500 orders that we Europeans get to wait for!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brochd wrote:
That's how I interpreted it. The rules were quite specific about the order of benefits when transporting passengers:
1) earn points
2) get bonus of building
3) pay owners of track

Exactly
It is also on the small rules reminder cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hughes
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:

Oh yes, let's all share a grumble on the 1846 forum soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
brochd wrote:
1) earn points
2) get bonus of building
3) pay owners of track

This seems backwards from the pay things in order thought though....

I can travel along other peoples route to go to a L building. I can spend all my money getting points and make sure I have none left to pay for my travels. (even though I clearly spend the money traveling before I arrive at the building, thematically)

But that definitely is how the rules are written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you can think that your transit bill comes up at the end of the month on an open account... you just spent all of your money by the time it is due.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
Perhaps you can think that your transit bill comes up at the end of the month on an open account... you just spent all of your money by the time it is due.

Sure, that's a good thought except in that case it's weird that you must resolve all the payouts along your path in sequence, and that you resolve the building bonus effect earlier than the costs. It would have been simpler if you just resolved points and costs as you move along the path: it makes sense thematically, and you don't have to move the passenger guy back and forth and hope you (or that nefarious opponent of yours) didn't "accidentally" forget where the passenger actually started. But I haven't played the game yet, so there's surely some game design reason for resolving passenger movement in this order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.