Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mb
Can leaders use Road Column movement when moving alone? They can do it if stacked with a unit in Road Column, but I can't find anything that addresses this directly (not that I'm saying it's not there, just that I can't find it, and I'm sure it's perfectly obvious).

Also, it seems that on the TEC, Road Column is the only way to use road movement. Am I correct in thinking that?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can leaders use Road Column movement when moving alone? They can do it if stacked with a unit in Road Column, but I can't find anything that addresses this directly (not that I'm saying it's not there, just that I can't find it, and I'm sure it's perfectly obvious).

Yes, leaders move along major and minor roads as if they were in Road Column. This is mentioned at the end of the third paragraph under "Road Hexes, Major and Minor" on page 12 of the game rules. Also, if you haven't seen it yet, it is reflected in Mathew Hinkle's updated Monmouth charts on his BAR website:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsd...

Note that these charts correspond to version 3.0 or later of the rules (found in Fontenoy, Prague, or downloaded from Wargame Vault), but elements of them are applicable to the game as published.

Quote:
Also, it seems that on the TEC, Road Column is the only way to use road movement. Am I correct in thinking that?

Correct, and this is reflected in the series rules. Road Column allows you to take advantage of the road, meaning: (1) reduced movement point cost for entering hexes, (2) ignoring the movement point cost of other terrain in the hex, including elevation changes, and (3) eliminating the cost of facing changes as the column turns to match the course of the road. You can move through other terrain in Road Column formation, and while this doesn't give you the advantage of Road Movement it is useful for moving from one road section that is disconnected from another, or to bypass a section of road that might deviate from your objective without changing formation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mb
Many thanks Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.