Popular Tags: germany [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Roy Hasson
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I will be visiting Munich this week and I would be grateful for information on any game stores in downtown Munich.

Regards,

Roy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If by "Downtown" you mean Marienplatz Karlsplatz, then

Obletter Spielwaren is on the south-east corner of Karlsplatz, and is basically a big toy store, with a fairly substantial board game section

Hugendubel (sp?) is a book store that is next door to Obletter and there is another across from the glockenspiel in Marienplatz that will carries probably 20-30 different games.

Galeria Kaufhof is a department store with a toy department. One across from the glockenspiel in Marienplatz, another on the south west corner of Karlsplatz. They were trying to close out their Queen games when I was there two weeks ago.

Just south of the Kaufhof in Karlsplatz, there is a toy store, "Fischer" or something, they tend to have some 20 games or so.

There are several other Hugendubel stores around the downtown (one in the mall thing just north of the Frauenkirche).

Generally each store is going to have a slightly different selection of games. Obletter is by far the best one stop shop, although the game collection in the Kaufhof near Marienplatz had what I was looking for.

Generally, any bookstore or department store is going to have games. They are going to mostly be things like Monopoly or Boggle or Clue, but there are also lots that we play. In the US, you generally aren't going to save money over just having it imported, but it is fun, and sometimes you will find games that are out-of-print or not being imported; and since you appear to be from Israel, I'm sure the situation is different. This last time, it turned out there was a little toy store two blocks from where I was staying in Berg am Laim that had one of the three games I knew I wanted to find while I was there.

My apologies to any Germans on my destruction of your language and spelling, I will learn it some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leo
United States
New England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Geeklist is quite comprehensive:

FLGS of the World - A List of Game Store Advice on BGG (BaSL)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Under the entry for Munich there are links to about 10 different threads.
Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leo
United States
New England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:

Your list is great. I posted my reply w/in 2 minutes of yours...
Thanks for maintaining the FLGS of the World List!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Hasson
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot! This is why I love BGG so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking Roy and thanks for all the answers. We are also going to Munich, but in 2 weeks. This will be helpful. We will also look for games in Austria and Prague too. But I would imagine Munich stores are bigger and mroe selection. We just have to control our spendings because I know we will be tempted.....games.....*drools*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.