Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seen lots of comments about first few games being 'anticlimactic' bc of hero or pyramid win. I love games with variable win conditions and would be satisfied if someone else won these ways, as long as I had some idea that is was close.

Until players have enough headspace to analyze opponents positions. I think it would be good to track amount of heros and most unique goods on the leaderboard.
Could use various colored tokens to symbolize each.

Alternate- D6s in front of players for hero count
- Verbal roll call on the amount of tokens each round. Wouldn't add fiddliness to clean up

Phase out by game ~3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero count is pretty easy to track without any modifications, all you need to do is look at their player sheet. Have you played the game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a partial game. Had to stop due to offspring.

Tracking on leaderboard would have all info in one spot for new players.
I do however like 'covert' aspect- potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your players can't keep track of a 0-5 score per player, that is clearly visible on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jonathan for adding value to the conversation.

I think it was the secret cabal podcast that spoke about unknowingly losing to 5th hero.
So yes it can happen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Park
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I mean, if you feel that it would help your game, you should do whatever you can. It's not immediately clear to me how a die would be any better than a player sheet for tracking heroes, but if you think it would help, I encourage you to use it.

I feel like counting the number of unique resources produced is just part of the game strategy. But if you feel it will help your players to keep a die on the board so they can keep track, I encourage you to use it. I can certainly see how that might be more necessary for the "training" of strategy than the die counting heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hippibashr wrote:
I mean, if you feel that it would help your game, you should do whatever you can. It's not immediately clear to me how a die would be any better than a player sheet for tracking heroes, but if you think it would help, I encourage you to use it.

I feel like counting the number of unique resources produced is just part of the game strategy. But if you feel it will help your players to keep a die on the board so they can keep track, I encourage you to use it. I can certainly see how that might be more necessary for the "training" of strategy than the die counting heroes.

I think that calling out the number of resources at the start of trading is a great idea. I plan to do that at my next game.

But I'm gonna agree with everyone else that sneak hero wins isn't a problem. It's very easy to track, and it's impossible to sneak both the 4th and the 5th in one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the number of coins and/or unique resources - and which ones - gained in income, ahead of trading, that players need to have an idea about.

A player with ten resources, five of which are multiples, is much less dangerous in terms of buying their fifth hero than a player with eight coins is - because the coin player might have saved one or two from last turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When someone buys a Hero/Wonder, he places that tile right out in the open on his player board (where the Resources offered are placed during Trading), so its easy to see how many H/Ws and which each player has purchased, as well as how much the next one will cost him.

Make sure you are doing that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.