Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Friday dies do we lose the game instantly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. From the newly released rules:

Quote:
If Friday dies, players do not immediately lose the game, but they can no
longer use his Action pawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thats how we played it but i just wanted to double check

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, you even get the resources from his hunt, if he dies that way, as hunting is always a "successful" action.

But I still always cared enough for him to not kill him off. Better use him as a supporting pawn (or support him with dog, when playing solo), as he also takes wounds instead of drawing adventure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.S. Barker
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree with trying to take care of Friday. Early on in games if Friday suffered a wound, I'd focus on healing him first since he only has four wound slots. He's that valuable in my estimation.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do never leave him alone with a hammer
He'll hurt himself trying to build sth. on his own ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither the original nor the revised rules list the death of Friday as a losing condition. If Friday dies, the adventure continues. I definitely prefer to preserve Friday's health. However, in the event of an adventure token atop an adventure deck, it's a relief to put Friday to the task, and him merely receive a wound over one of me drawing an adventure card. I then just apply whatever healing opportunities I can to restore him, or allow him to rest a day or two. Though admittedly, Friday doesn't make it through most of the adventures I embark on. He eventually and inevitably takes a lethal one for the team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.